Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
knight power stem? >

knight power stem?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight power stem?

Old 02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Sabotloader, I wasnt too worried about unopened cans, but Knight kept warning about using old opened cans from the prior season. Being a cheapskate, I thought bh209 would be a better idea just because of the shelf life improvement of opened cans and its cleaner properties.

I really miss Buffalo Bullets SSB's. Great price and a great hunting bullet. Fast and easy to reload, even with a quick swab. I never did get to hunt the long stem. switched powders about then. I do remember being sighted in with the standard breech plug and just switching plugs. My point of impact raised dramatically. i honestly cant remember how much of a trajectory improvement I saw, but I seem to remember there was some, since I was so imprressed at the time.

I really would have no quams about using T7 again, although I think I would try the 3f this time. I would probably want to experiment with the long stem, swabbing to the stem each shot, and finding out how many shots it took between cracking the plug loose and how many shots before it became somewhat harder to remove or reload.