Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Pictures Finally of my 1st Renegade >

Pictures Finally of my 1st Renegade

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pictures Finally of my 1st Renegade

Old 09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pictures Finally of my 1st Renegade

Well got the Renegade back from the gunsmith so I can send the old barrel to TC for the breech plug to be replaced. Decieded to put on the GM barrel and see how it looks. At first the barrel did not just drop in and fit. Had to use my inlet tool and liquid to see where it was rubbing. Took about an hour to get it inleted right to drop the barrel in. Periodically I put the old barrel in to make sure I didn't take too much out to make the old barrel unusable. Then I had to shorten the metal spring thing that holds the ramrod. The only complaint that i have and I dont know if there is a way to fix it is the ramrod isn't flush with the barrel. But I dont want to shorten the ramrod. Anybody have a fix for that but still have the old barrel and ramrod to fit correctly? Still trying to figure out what sight I want on it. Probably wont have a range day with it until hunting season is over.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures Finally of my 1st Renegade-.54-long.jpg   Pictures Finally of my 1st Renegade-lock.jpg   Pictures Finally of my 1st Renegade-closlock.jpg   Pictures Finally of my 1st Renegade-barrel-tip.jpg  
Old 09-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

What did you have it at the gunsmith for?
The aluminum rods were never pinned so a guy can heat them up a little and pull the insert right out. After you get the insert out you can cut the rod off and put the insert back in. I ALWAYS drill and pin EVERY rod I got from GM. My last one was fiberglass so I think it is ok. It is too long just like yours but I don’t think I am going to mess with it.
Have you decided to put the far speaker sights on it? Ron
Old 09-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Dominant Buck

The new rod will not fit in the channel or it is too long for the rifle? Many times my ramrod will extend a little over the barrel. Nothing wrong with that at all. As long as it is not in front of the muzzle.

I had to cut the thimble rib back on mine also to make it fit the Renegade stock. Not a big deal. A dremel tool made it easy. It looks like a real nice rifle. Now get out there and shoot it.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks great. I'm a real Renegade fan. All three of mine have GM barrels. I like the longer look and they're excellent shooters.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Well I might leave the rod the way it is. I would like to find one that is on the Triumphs. The rod is perfect for the barrel, just too long for the channel. Pretty excited to shoot it, just have to wait until I pick the sight and after hunting season.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Doesn't look bad to me. I always thoght that it was supposed to stick out a little - makes it easier to grab with gloves on when deer hunting in Michigan in late December!
The one sidelock I had always ended up that way after the shot anyway.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Spike

Nice looking Renegade! They are great rifles.