Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
This is why I LOVE and Buy Thompson Center Products >

This is why I LOVE and Buy Thompson Center Products

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This is why I LOVE and Buy Thompson Center Products

Old 09-17-2010, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default This is why I LOVE and Buy Thompson Center Products

Well you know that I bought a Renegade not too long ago, but gave it to my gunsmith to drill and tap out the tumbler screw due to being stripped out. Well he broke a couple of dies and could not get it out. So I said that I would call TC and see if I could get a new breech plug. Well in calling TC they said that they would do it FREE of charge and all I have to do is ship the barrel to them. They also said that there was no way that a person could remove the breech plug without damaging the threads. I dont know if that is true, but for them to fix the breech plug free is pretty sweet. I've had the same experience with my encore. I know some people don't like TC support. I have had nothing but great and friendly service. They continue to make me a lifetime customer. Oh and I'm not getting paid to write this.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Good to hear. I bought an Encore in the spring and hope I never need service, but it is good to know they have good service if I ever do.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Dominant Buck

one reason I own a dozen of them... their customer service has always taken care of my needs for free. They even replaced the stock on a Renegade that I broke in a hunting accident. No questions asked.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, over the years they have;

- lapped a rusted/pitted Renegade barrel & replaced sights,
- rebuilt lock with broken tumbler shaft,
- provided two offset hammers for scope clearance on Renegades,
- replaced broken set trigger with completely new assembly,

all a no charge.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

When it comes to CVA they will do everything listed above plus send you a free bumper sticker.........Hell they might even put you on the free stuff list.......
Wanted to beat MD to the post..........
Old 09-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Banned

what the hell. I never got a bumper sticker! Now i am mad.

I dealt with them twice this month, new trigger for the hunterbolt and a new firing pin. Most companies these days take care of their customers. My game camera took a poop and they are going to replace it for free.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Spike

I'll throw my PROFESSIONAL unsolicited ,non-paid ,un-biased opinion in here. T/C has been making quality guns for a long time. They are hard to beat . I admit that when S/W bought them out I was a little concerned but so far they still lead the way in quality and performance. And they are still made in the good ol USA baby! Can't go wrong there. They are one of the easiest guns I have ever accurized!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
When it comes to CVA they will do everything listed above plus send you a free bumper sticker.........Hell they might even put you on the free stuff list.......
Wanted to beat MD to the post..........

Old 09-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I recognize that brand back in the 60's when I had a shop they got so bad about getting parts that I would not accept them for repairs. And the version of the Kentucky they were selling the had parts that were so soft that if they were not case hardened you were lucky if they lasted 50 shots.
I am so glad for their customers sake that they have improved considerably. They almost went broke once over lawsuits. Then a new company took over and improved the product exponentially. I am glad they are giving TC some competition it will keep TC improving also.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by lemoyne
I recognize that brand back in the 60's when I had a shop they got so bad about getting parts that I would not accept them for repairs. And the version of the Kentucky they were selling the had parts that were so soft that if they were not case hardened you were lucky if they lasted 50 shots.
I am so glad for their customers sake that they have improved considerably. They almost went broke once over lawsuits. Then a new company took over and improved the product exponentially. I am glad they are giving TC some competition it will keep TC improving also.
60's eh? The Company you're trying to slam never started selling rifles until 1971, if memory serves? Unless you are talking about what this thread was about, T/C?

The borecleaningweasel made me do it!