Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C trigger jobs?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default T/C trigger jobs?

How many of you guys got a trigger job done on your T/C Encores. I have a Pro Hunter and I'm thinking I may get it done. Just curious if it would be worth it or not?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

I would be interested to know this as well as I have just setup an Encore for this season. The trigger is stiff. There isn't any real travel or creep, but would be nice if it was lighter. Same for my Knight Revolution.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Spike

Default Go to www.bellmtcs.com

Go to www.bellmtcs.com

Mike Bellm has a lot of solutions for the Encore trigger.

I use his #4 trigger spring and it reduced the trigger pull down to 2 3/4#.

It will vary a little on every receiver. My other receiver ended up around 3#.

Replace the trigger spring and adjust the overtravel screw and your good to go.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Bellm TC all the way. I had it done to my Prohunter and it's great. Factory trigger is WAY TOO STIFF.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Dominant Buck

A good trigger is a key to accurate shooting. Even a great rifle can cause the shooter a headache if it has a bad trigger. Have you tried talking to T/C about the stiff trigger?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

My Encore came with a trigger that breaks like glass at 3.5 pounds-no trigger job needed.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I always tear them down and look them over, I stoned the mating surfaces and adjusted the trigger spring before I even shot my Endeavor, I like to know what I am working with. I am not sure what it was doing before but now it breaks clean at just over 2.3 pounds.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Spike

Default encore trigger job

i sent mine off to E.A. Brown in Minn. had trigger worked on and also replaced the hinge pin. I really liked the feel of trigger and my group at 100 tightend up!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have three Encore frames. I do not even try the factory trigger. Everyone I have ever seen needed a trigger job. I have had mine done By Bellm, and Stratton. Both guys do great work. EABCO also does great work. And will combine other services for a better price if you have him do the work.

Definitely worth it. Tom.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by onetohunt
How many of you guys got a trigger job done on your T/C Encores. I have a Pro Hunter and I'm thinking I may get it done. Just curious if it would be worth it or not?

Before forking out a 100 bucks on a Encore trigger job, give this a try. I picked this info up a couple yrs. ago from another forum. It worked out great for me. A lot of other fella's have also done this with great success.

cwop
well the bend the spring thing very easy to do. i will give the instructions again and save you cash.

1. take every thing off the frame.

2. remove the screw the only one to remove the trigger guard

3. push the pin out that holds the trigger you cant miss it

4. take a minute and look things over. you will see a spring with an L on it take a flat screwdirer and bend it back once or twice. put it all back together you will have a 1-2lb trigger and it will work great.

Added info:

bend it towards the barrell. you will fell the tension. do it 2 times no more put it back together then if it s not light enough bend it some more but dont go crazy this next time. i put in the spring and went back and redone it much better trigger now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.