Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Rifles coming back to the market! >

Knight Rifles coming back to the market!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Rifles coming back to the market!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned

others before me were comparing.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I hope Knight just keeps it small. And does not try to compete with the cheap rifles, and does not try to compete with the advertising of TC.

When Knight first came out their rifles(MK 85) were revolutionary. YES. But more important-their rifles were pure quality. Top notch triggers, the best barrels, and good stocks. they were just good quality rifles.

Then they went the way of the marketers. They let people convince them that their rifle was harder to clean. After all it did take 30 extra seconds to remove the bolt?? And people fell for that crap.

Personally I still think the MK-85 is one of the finest rifles still available on the market today. However they will not command the price they did when they first started making them.

It is a shame, but to make a quality product in America is difficult to do at a good price. I hate to see it, but Knight is probably again doomed to failure. Just not enough market out there. And not enough money to compete with TC in the advertising game. Tom.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

MD can't help himself. Lord knows I have my own preferences. As Does many on this board I would think.

I have only had one Knight product and that was my Knight Vision with the new, improved BP. I shoot BH209 and Hornday FPB bullets and this gun shines. I use it primarily for any long range shooting I will be doing.

As to other of their products, I really can't say. I must admit that I got into ML because of two additional weeks of deer hunting here in Virginia. But I have been bitten with this damned bug and I am into all manners of black powder shooting!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Knight did make a entry level gun that shot AWSOME... It was called the wolverine... I think it cost around 200 bucks... Gun shot just as good as my disc rifle for less than half the price...

I love my Knight rifle!!! Tryed to talk my friend into one when he decided to get into muzzleloading... He bought T/C... Just like everybody else did...

Knight will have to take there guns over sea's to compete...

Hell anymore I wouldn't want anything made in the US by lazy americans!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have had a tk2000 shotgun and a wolverine209 for years, and couldnt be happier, they are one shot kill weapons that when matained properly are good for life.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Austin and Halleck and Gonic sold fine quality made in the USA guns. They are now out of business. i'm not sure that there is a market for fine quality made in the USA muzzleloaders any more. Sadly, there may not be a market for fine quality made in the USA anything.

i hope that Knight Rifles is able to make a triumphant return to the M/L market. But it is going to be rough sled ride at least for the short term.

Last edited by falcon; 07-07-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Well maybe one good thing about the buyout is that they're not strapped with excessive high overhead costs and debt.
And if you look into the background of the buyer Plastic Industries, they have a lot of money from strong growth and sales over the years. A good & smart private company like that should be able to regrow Knight back into decent shape. The new owner isn't going to let his money get thrown away.
Will Knight survive?
Even if it's only on a smaller scale, you can bet your last dollar that they will!

Last edited by arcticap; 07-07-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned

i thought A&H was made in spain?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am pretty sure A&H was US. The only rifle I own that is foreign made is my Lyman GPR. I own a Gonic, two Whites, and a few Knight's. I really do agree that Knight's comeback is going to be a tough row to hoe. It is hard to compete with foreign labor. I think T/C is on the verge right now. Everybody wants to keep their jobs but yet they are too cheap to pay a few extra bucks and buy American. It's a vicious cycle.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

flounder33

The barrels were Spanish... they had the same proof marks that you would find on the CVA barrels of the time. Later when the company was moved to Utah, they eventually did change the proof mark to a greater value.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.