HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Look what I got on Mothers Day! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/323078-look-what-i-got-mothers-day.html)

sabotloader 05-10-2010 06:53 PM

Look what I got on Mothers Day!

Golly i was pleased with this job... Gave a whole new life to these three rifles. From plain black stocks to this - dang!

The guy (Tony) that did this job went out of his way to do a very good job. In fact he did so well I stripped another Rem 700 out of it's stock and sent it back with him. He is going to do this one in 'snow camo' I was a little worried that it might be to white - but it does have a brown in it also... He swears I will like it. I have one more thumbhole I might do also - and I have not even started on the centerfires

cayugad 05-10-2010 07:37 PM

they are beautiful. Just don't set them down in the leaves. You might loose them.

TNHagies 05-11-2010 04:41 AM

Those look quite nice. I sent the link home, might have to consider sending one of my stocks off as well. $85 isn't too bad in my book.

How well do you feel it will stay on and not chip or crack?

Gimpy 05-11-2010 04:58 AM

Those stocks really look great !

alleyyooper 05-11-2010 06:00 AM

Number one I would like to know who has been calling you a mother. to the point you get gifts on moms special day?

Those sure look nice but don't match the area where I hunt most. Have never ever seen a cedar como any thing in my life.
I just cut a leg out of painters pants and stuff the Swift in it for sno camo, seems to work.

Ya I'm still alive and kicking, just so busy shipping wax, fixing up the farm house I inherated when Mom died. The bees are keeping me hopping now too.
Kare even commented the other day that I have had my new slug gun for a while now and I have not even stepped out on the porch to shot it just once. It's raining now so I am omitting walking the dogs in the woods this mornin. but I got to get cracking as I need to melt 3 pounds of wax for the mold and ship today.

:D Al

Breechplug 05-11-2010 09:33 AM

They look Nice! a little expnsive though......I do want one done in Snow Camo as most if My Muzzleloading is done in the Snow. Be sure to add pics of the Snow Camo Stock when you get it back he may have another Customer.

falcon 05-11-2010 10:53 AM

Those are really nice looking stocks.

sabotloader 05-11-2010 05:12 PM

TNHagies

I believe it is as good as any - it sure feels good. Like all camo dips it can be chipped but I think you would have to ding it pretty hard...

sabotloader 05-11-2010 05:15 PM

alleyyooper

I figured you were just busier than heck... I flunked retirement again and have gone back to work for the Forest Service - just couldn't pass up the money or the opportunity to get back in the woods....

bronko22000 05-11-2010 05:25 PM

They are really nice. Looks like that boy does good work.