HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   traditions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/32285-traditions.html)

nyhunterguy 06-25-2003 04:21 PM

traditions

im considering one of there inlines.how is the quality of them and are they overall good? any info would be greatly appreciated ty

RKenSparc 06-26-2003 06:22 AM

RE: traditions

My brother has a Traditions Traditional style Hawkins and has been happy with the quality. I don' t have personal experiance with their in-lines, but would expect them to be good guns.

cayugad 06-26-2003 09:54 AM

I have a Traditions Woodsman, which is a Hawkins with a 1-66 twist barrel in .50 caliber. This is an excellent shooting rifle. I had a little trouble with it when I first bought it, but I contacted Traditions, and they fixed it right now. Since then, this has been one great rifle to own and shoot. Personally, I like a sidelock, although I have shot the in-lines only a few times. For whitetail deer where I live, a .50 caliber, shooting round ball is all I have needed to take a deer. Of course our shots are never over 100 yards and are usually under 60 yards.

Years back I did buy a Traditon' s in-line in a .54 caliber, but after I inspected it, I sent it back. I did not like the barrel twist rate, but other then that it looked fine to me. I had bought it from Cabales and they advertised a different twist rate. When it came, it was not what I wanted, so I returned the rifle and never shot it.

eldeguello 06-27-2003 05:56 AM

I generally use sidelocks, but a friend gave me his Traditions .50 Lightning Lightweight, the one with the 21" barrel. It is extremely accurate with the 295-grain PowerBelt bullet and 90 grains of Pyrodex P> It appears well-made, and is a pleasure to carry in the woods, light, handy and short, yet plenty powerful!! I have never tried to shoot the max. loads of 150 grains of powder, due to its' accuracy with lighter loads.

kevin1 06-27-2003 06:01 AM

I own 3 Traditions inlines , 2 in .54 , 1 in .50 , and reccomend them . You can certainly find higher quality ml' s if you' re willing to spend a lot more , but I' ve never had a single problem from mine . They are very accurate and dependable , and easy to maintain . The fact that they are very affordable certainly didn' t hurt the selection process either . :)

whelen36 06-28-2003 08:49 PM

i' ve got a traditions buck skinner carbine , with fiber optic sights , the quality of them is great from what i' ve seen , they also make them in a stainless steel , laminated stock version for all weather use ( or about as all weather as you can get with a muzzeloader ) .:D:D