Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Electra's where did they go? >

Electra's where did they go?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Electra's where did they go?

Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Electra's where did they go?

I was just reading some articles and saw the word Electra. Hadn't heard anything about them in the past 2 yrs or so. Did they not catch on?

I have never seen one in person or heard of anyone shooting them.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

I know that my state's DNR didn't like them a whole lot
Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

I was looking at one while at Gander Mountain the other day. They still wanted over $350 for it. That camo they used was really ugly, but the rifle had good balance and nice fiber optic sights if you are into fiber optic sights.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

I know there was some heat bought onto it for being carried unloaded. You would have to remove the battery to keep a charge in it and be legal when transporting it.

Like I mentioned it was something that caught my eye while reading as I haven't heard or seen anything about it in 2 yrs. I just figured it had faded out from not being accepted in the ML world.

(I can't say anything bad about fiber optics, got a small piece I inserted into my hawkens front sight to help me in low light situations) I hate getting old sometimes.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

they are not legal in only 12 or 13 states. They just didnt catch on
Old 04-26-2010, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

I'd say by the wayside would be a great answer!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Electra went the way of the Knight .52 caliber Power Stem creation.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Fork Horn

Even though I only hunt with flintlock rifles, I have seen some well made inlines that are used by some of my friends. The big problem that I have had with the CVA Electra is the fact that unless you remove the battery before loading it you are essently loading a primed rifle. Now, I know the rifle has a safety but safetys can fail.

Maybe I'm wrong but would any of you out there in muzzleloader land prime your rifle before loading the barrel with any other muzzleloader? I sure wouldn't.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr.Flintlock
Even though I only hunt with flintlock rifles, I have seen some well made inlines that are used by some of my friends. The big problem that I have had with the CVA Electra is the fact that unless you remove the battery before loading it you are essently loading a primed rifle. Now, I know the rifle has a safety but safetys can fail.

Maybe I'm wrong but would any of you out there in muzzleloader land prime your rifle before loading the barrel with any other muzzleloader? I sure wouldn't.
Good Point! it sometimes worried me pouring some powder or pellets down the barrel while it was still hot (just shot)
The Electra just had to many things that wer'nt great about it. How would you like to be zeroed in on a Big Buck and when you pulled the trigger your batteries were dead, plus COLD Weather and battery life dont mix, I'll stay with the 209 Primers, there not 100% but close enough!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Never thought about that. I know my hands means alot to me, and it would really ruin your day to be loading the gun and driving the sabot home when the electronics or safety accidently decide to fail.

Really good point.

I know when I load my .44 pistol I am super careful putting on the no. 11 caps onto each nipple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.