Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shot off the new Caldwell lead sled! >

Shot off the new Caldwell lead sled!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shot off the new Caldwell lead sled!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Default Shot off the new Caldwell lead sled!

I had to drag my other table out to 100 yards because my normal bench is to short ( going to fix that later) and so i shot 3 shots from the Caldwell. The upper 3 shots i used my Sight in clean rest.

I'll take the lead sled :lol: 245gr powerbelt - 100gr bh209

Old 04-21-2010, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

Just keepin mind that 3rd law of motion, something about for every action etc.. don't put so much weight on it that it doesn't move.. your putting a ton of pressure on the stock at the back of the action!!! Over time I wonder what would happen to the stock in that area...it can't be good!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

I agree Frank, I've heard of guys stocks cracking. Never seen any pictures of it but I would make sense. Especially if your shooting a large caliber rifle. Like I said in a earlier post, the lead sled just seem to mess me up during hunting season. I only use it now to set my rifles in and put on a scope or take one off. I should just sell it, but it might work good for the kid when they first start to shoot like when their 3. They might not be able to hold the gun but the sure can pull a trigger, especially Savage AccuTrigger!