Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New target range set up >

New target range set up

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New target range set up

Old 04-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Banned

Default New target range set up

I wanted to update my shooting range, Cardboard boxes that melt after rain or snow got on my nerves so i got 4 of these. Two for my range and 2 for the traveling range whenever i go out to the NRA. Sick and tired of having to "share" targets with others at the range because some moron with a double barrel shot gun thought it was fun to blow the target legs off all the stands. Pretty sturdy little set up, simple and easy to replace once the backboard gets shot out. I set one up at my 50 yard range today and took the Accura out to zero it in. Should be perfect for 100 yards as soon as the wind stops. My sand trap set up behind it. Accura is set up with open sights and i was cutting hole after hole at 50 yards. Going to clean up the 100 yard range tomorrow and then get another one set up to go. Nice set up to have though for the price.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where did you get them? Looks like a nice setup.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I made mine out of PVC. 3/4 inch PVC and it is portable.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

On our club range we use those corrugated plastic "vote for me" signs politicians stick all over the place before every election. They are weather resistant and have a nice wire base for sticking in the ground. Most of them are 24" wide and 18" high, and the wire base holds them about 18" above ground level. Real estate agents use similar "for sale" lawn signs. After each election our club members each gather a dozen or two signs (usually of the candidates we don't like). We have so many that we leave one or two out at 25 yard increments from 25 to 300 yards, and just replace them when they get shot up.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking setups fellers
Old 04-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Semisane
On our club range we use those corrugated plastic "vote for me" signs politicians stick all over the place before every election. They are weather resistant and have a nice wire base for sticking in the ground. Most of them are 24" wide and 18" high, and the wire base holds them about 18" above ground level. Real estate agents use similar "for sale" lawn signs. After each election our club members each gather a dozen or two signs (usually of the candidates we don't like). We have so many that we leave one or two out at 25 yard increments from 25 to 300 yards, and just replace them when they get shot up.
thats the same thing we do around here, except we dont always wait until the election is over....
Old 04-16-2010, 12:38 PM
sup
Spike

I have two of them MD, I let smaller one out all winter and it never blew away or was affected by the weather. It disappeared a couple times this winter with all the snow we had. Best target you have light weight and easy to stick the ground.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:53 PM
sup
Spike

Got large one here http://www.opticsplanet.net/caldwell...nd-146108.html and got the smaller one at cabela's.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've found the metal stands that are used for 'for sale' signs are great. Compact and sturdy. Made from 3/8" steel. I just cut appropriate size cardboard for it and tape it on.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ground here in Arizona is too hard to insert anything into, at least not without using a mallet.

I put together something like this:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm

No that is not me in the pictures! I also put some rebar in the base. Definately adds to the weight but keeps the stand very steady.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.