Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Opinions on Traditions Classic Pennsylvania rifle. >

Opinions on Traditions Classic Pennsylvania rifle.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Opinions on Traditions Classic Pennsylvania rifle.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

All is good at the moment. I am doing better and so is everyone else. Sometimes it seems problems hit all at once. Thank God for his healing and grace.
Amen!

Chet did you get the flint or perc version of that rifle? When I was looking to purchase my first bp/flintlock rifle I looked at the Traditions Pennsylvania. It is a beautiful rifle, the hearts are a nice touch as well. But I found it too front heavy for me and so I went with the Traditions "Shenandoah." A similar rifle, just smaller.

I am curious to know your thoughts on the Pennsylvania. I own a couple of "nicer" flintlocks now, but still find myself looking at that Pennsylvania and thinking "what if..."
Old 04-18-2010, 02:09 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
Amen!

Chet did you get the flint or perc version of that rifle? When I was looking to purchase my first bp/flintlock rifle I looked at the Traditions Pennsylvania. It is a beautiful rifle, the hearts are a nice touch as well. But I found it too front heavy for me and so I went with the Traditions "Shenandoah." A similar rifle, just smaller.

I am curious to know your thoughts on the Pennsylvania. I own a couple of "nicer" flintlocks now, but still find myself looking at that Pennsylvania and thinking "what if..."
I started out to get the flintlock but ended up getting percussion. When I first got it I thought it was awfully front heavy also. When I was shooting it i was surprised at how easy it was to hold steady shooting offhand. It was no different than my Lyman Great Plains Rifle as far as balance . It is a nice rifle and shoots good but not in the same category as a Pedersoli in my opinion.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was shooting it i was surprised at how easy it was to hold steady shooting offhand. It was no different than my Lyman Great Plains Rifle as far as balance .
Really? I am surprised to hear that. I own a Lyman GPR and have no problems with that rifle.

Hhhmm...maybe I need to measure the rifle cabinet again to see if the Pennsylvania will fit...
Old 04-18-2010, 02:19 PM
mountaineer magic

It won't fit in my gun safe or gun cabinet. But I guess i got what i wanted ... a looong gun

Old 04-18-2010, 02:21 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
Hhhmm...maybe I need to measure the rifle cabinet again to see if the Pennsylvania will fit...
Just give it it's own place if it don't fit?

Old 04-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just give it it's own place if it don't fit?
Yea it would look awfully sweet on the wall in my office!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Can we get an update?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Fork Horn

No offense but I have seen Traditions rifles and have never been very impressed with them - sadly. I like my BP traditional rifles to be made out of REAL Walnut and not hardwoods. Tho I know that REALLY deosn't matter as far as shooting goes - I don't like hardwood versions.
I hope you get all of your little issues ironed out OK. Seems like you've been thru the 'ringer' thus far with it. That's unfortunate. That was one of the reasons why I opted to spend a little more on my Lyman GP rifle. I have no NO issue(s) with this gun - tho I do admit they ARE quite expensive and not everyone can afford one that costly!
Good luck bro!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

I wish I could see the pic of it but when I click on the link I get NO pic! ????
Darn!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo6559
I wish I could see the pic of it but when I click on the link I get NO pic! ????
Darn!
http://muzzleloadingandmore.com/prod...fles/index.htm

Here's a link with a pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.