Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Change @ Knight

Old 03-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Change @ Knight

I posted this over on MM and thought I would drop it in here... Since Knight is now under new ownership... maybe we can effect some changes in the old way of doing business, to help Knight jump back and be really good....

GM54-120

Speaking of change.... you know the one change I would really like to see is for them to move to a 1/24 twist rate... I think White has proved what a versitile twist rate that turns out to be. The thing is that 1/24 is that versitile in a 45 or 50.

That would be the one thing that would drive me to buy a new Knight in a big hurry.

Tried to send Gordy an email this mornning using his old email address - rejected - things are a changing....
Old 03-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

better fitting stocks for open sights would be nice as well.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

MD

Not sure what you mean the current stock (synthetic) is a Bell and Carlson - it is a really decent tupperware stock and the wood stocks I have held on the LRH are awesome.

I did very little shooting with the Extreme and open sights and I do not remember a problem at all get on those sights. If anything a little higher comb for scopes would be better.

Of course none of the Elites even have open sights.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

for it to fit me, the stocks need a little more drop in them. The only knight that fit decent was the revolution. the LRH and one of the bolt actions ive handled, they just didnt have the drop.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

MD

Strange? but OK...
Old 03-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Banned

no not strange, just normal. No such thing as a perfect one size fits all. Length of pull, drop, bulk of the stock effects some out there. Kind of like TC stocks, they dont fit me, but fit most others out there.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:20 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

when are they going to start selling Muzzleloaders again?Same models as last time?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might be a little strange, but I would love to see them bring back the mk-85 with a fast twist barrel. I like the plunger style action and I really don't mind the cleanup.
Art
Old 03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

MD

for it to fit me, the stocks need a little more drop in them. The only knight that fit decent was the revolution. the LRH and one of the bolt actions ive handled, they just didnt have the drop.
Sounds like you need a stock made just for you... which them probably would not work many of the rest of us....
Old 03-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Knight Revolution that I really like, but really haven't shot much. I have a Nikon Omega scope ready to go on it and then I am going to get some real bench time with it. I will also be sighting in a TC Encore with the same scope so it will be interesting to get a comparison.

It is a real shame to see Knight have such problems since they revolutionized the muzzleloader.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.