Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Optima is IN!! >

New Optima is IN!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Optima is IN!!

Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned

Default New Optima is IN!!

I was out at 150 yards shooting the Accura and i heard a truck. After i was done shooting my brother said a package came in from BPI. woooohoo!! I knew either the wolf or the optima had come in. The new optima is sweet! I'll post pics later after im done playin with it.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Banned

heck no the Accura isnt retiring! In fact i shot 150 yards with it today off of my shooting sticks and that sucker put the last 2 shots touching!

The Optima is one hell of a shooter! After zeroing in the scope at 30 yards with 3 shots, i got 3 more loads, took one shot and hit perfect in the center of the bull. Backed out to 50 yards and put the final 2 shots into the same holes.

This rifle loves 100gr BH209 - CCI 209M and a 270gr Powerbelt Platinum. The trigger pull on it has Z-E-R-O Grit or creep! I'd say roughly a 3lb trigger pull that breaks like thin glass. The break action is a little stiff right now ( new gun of course) but it locks up tight and solid.

We're supposed to get 12 to 24" of snow tonight ( doesnt that figure)
Stock fits me like a glove and is comfortable with open sights. Huge eye relief with the Durasight Dead-On Mount set up.

I robbed that Bushnell scope off my dads rem710 '06 as he said he wants a new scope for his rifle.

Rifle is built strong inside of the frame too, I'll take pics of that later on.

The ramrod will no longer get scratched up like the old style used too, they put some fillers inside of the ramrod thimbles to keep it quiet, rattle free and scratch free.

Recoil pad also is great as well, it sucked up the recoil pretty darned good and im not sore. Doesnt even felt like i shot today.

Also the hammer spur is either a righty or a lefty. Mine unscrews easily.

For the price of this rifle with the SS barrel, its going to be damn hard to beat. In all honestly, im really starting to like this rifle better than the Accura over all. We'll find out at 100 yards how it does.

Oops almost forgot, i can hear it already. How'd the breech plug unscrew after shooting?

Like a hot knife going through cold butter. It amazed the hell out of me!

Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Nice looking rifle!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice.....Is that the new model or last years?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

new model. date of manf is 2010
Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Looking ML MD, you forgot to mention the Most IMPORTANT Thing.....was there any BLOWBACK?? is this Breechplug the same as the New ACCURA V2?
(BP)
Old 03-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Banned

NO BLOW BACK!! Yeah its the same as the V2.

I wrote this up, i need to add things as i go along and learn about it but it will be an honest review. i dont make no money off this so theres no need to sugar coat it any LOL. I really do like the rifle a lot so far.
http://gandersmuzzleloadingblog.blogspot.com/
Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
NO BLOW BACK!! Yeah its the same as the V2.

I wrote this up, i need to add things as i go along and learn about it but it will be an honest review. i dont make no money off this so theres no need to sugar coat it any LOL. I really do like the rifle a lot so far.
http://gandersmuzzleloadingblog.blogspot.com/
Great, give us a Honest Review. I knida like it better than the new ACCURA V2, Im not into the rubber on the V2. Do us favor and if possible try some different powders and bullets, mabey some regular Pyrodox, T7 ect and something other than Powerbelts if possible. I'll be looking forward to the Review.
(BP)
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Banned

i have plenty of American Pioneer and Jim Shockeys Gold, Powerbelts and of course, Both Thors.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
i have plenty of American Pioneer and Jim Shockeys Gold, Powerbelts and of course, Both Thors.
I use none of the above, but Im sure the ML will do just fine with what I use. So let me get this straight......you are somehow connected with BPI ???? what are you like a Field Tester?
(BP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.