Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Is it poor bullet performance? >

Is it poor bullet performance?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is it poor bullet performance?

Old 03-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

hometheaterman
Muzzle loaders have a much larger tolerance on bore size than cartridge guns the only way to be sure is to shoot the as the condition of the bore enters in to what you can load with reasonable easy. I am not talking about a rough bore , I am referring to how polished the bore is. I often slug a new bore by flattening a lead ball driving it in about 4 inches then pushing it back out to be measured, then referring to the sticky on MM to see what combinations of sabot and bullet size to start with. A good short cut is to polish a new bore with a hundred strokes of JB bore paste so that you don't have to change sabots after the bore gets polished. So you do not worry about it this is a bore polish that will polish without cutting so you are only improving the condition not changing the size.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks to all.
This post provided me with the info I was looking for. I wanted good info on hunting bullets and was supplied with it. All the bullets being sold look good on paper and some manufactures will tell anything to sell theit brand. I wanted to find out the true hunting bullets and I feel that, thanks to you all, I have found some of the best.