Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Loses Lawsuit- Jury Awards 2.1 Million >

Knight Loses Lawsuit- Jury Awards 2.1 Million

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Loses Lawsuit- Jury Awards 2.1 Million

Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

I own one these TK-2000 and I need to check the manual but I do remember reading a section that says they are not liable. Found it on page 3. We do not know what was being used in the gun or what happened other than he was injured. I would buy another Knight and another and so on. These are some of the best guns out there. What is strange is that this is a 1 shot gun. It goes off and you either have a bird or you don't. In order to reload you need to get the powder measured then dump it in the gun, if the ember was there the powder would ignite so therefore any responsible muzzleloader knows that you do not lean over the barrel etc, but point it away from anyone when loading. Then after the powder you need to load the wad, then shot, then the over shot card. I do not know how that all could be placed then the gun "goes" off. My guess is that this guy never shot before or even though about safety. I guess Knight could counter sue him for negilence and not checking to see if there was a burning ember. Who knows anything is possible, the way the economy is any little thing is a lawsuit.
Attached Thumbnails Knight Loses Lawsuit- Jury Awards 2.1 Million-12_02_complete_web.pdf  
Old 03-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cut'em Jack
Juries are nothing more than stupid housewives that aren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Bunch of bleading heart bon bon eatin' window lickers make the laws fellas.........

If the guy had been killed, you still be able to buy a Knight.......ponder that.
Well, let's hope YOU never have to be judged by a jury. I guess you are too SMART to serve? What a load of BS.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Juries are nothing more than stupid housewives that aren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Bunch of bleading heart bon bon eatin' window lickers make the laws fellas.........
That is the most ridiculous statement I've heard in a long time. Remember these "stupid" people are fulfilling one of their responsibilities as a US citizen. Your attitude is the one of the major problems with our country today. Everyone wants all the benefits of our republic without the responsibility that comes along with it.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

who are we to judge what happened? Accidents do happen, if this happened to us most of us would do the same, whats the difference between this and any other accident?. Maybe he wanted Knight to pay for medical treatment and they refused, if thats the case then screw Knight
Old 03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back when I first started shooting a muzzleloader I learned what a flameout was... Poured powder down the barrel right after a shot and it flamed right back out. However due to the muzzle being pointed in a safe direction there was no harm and no foul to anyone. I was stupid.. but at least I followed the basic gun safety laws. Apparently this guy wasnt even smart enough to do that much. You cannot sue someone else because of your own stupidity! I learned a lesson that day that I have taught many others and absolutely havent repeated.

People like him need laughed out of the courtroom a few times and be forced to pay all legal costs and this dumb chit will stop.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have sat on a Jury, I am not a stupid house wife that wasn't smart enough to get out of it.
I also was not smart enough to get out of the military service when my country asked me to serve. Nor was I smart enough to get out of going to Veit Nam. Guess I'm just to stupid to do anything right eccept READ THE MANUAL.
I also am not a window licker but do call my sentors and congress man when I see thing happing that are not right, so maybe I help make the laws.

I'M A AMERICAN CITIZEN!!!!!!!

I do like bon bons though.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 03-07-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do like bon bons though.
We all knew you were a degenerate yooper. (Well said!)
Old 03-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Maybe he wanted Knight to pay for medical treatment and they refused, if thats the case then screw Knight "

Doing that would have been an admission of guilt or that they did something wrong. Not sure I see why you think they should have paid for medical expenses caused by the fault of someone else. If I laid down under my car to fix something and it rolled over me because I forgot to put it in park, set the parking brake and chock the wheels, should the car company pay for my medical?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

^^^^ Now thats the kind of logic I like!^^^^ Simple and to the point.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

My point is: is that if this accident happened to us, we would fight to have Knight to pay for medical treatment, more so today then ever the way people are losing their jobs. I'm not saying that Knight is at fault and do understand they would be admitting fault, but some street smarts should of been used, way the good with the bad....Pay medical, or pay a whole lot more? Well Knight lost the battle & war, and this is why they are no more, bad advice and mangement, and even if they paid for the medical treatment they could of had the laywers drafted a clause that the victim can't speak about it, happens everyday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.