Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Which sling?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Which sling?

Well, I went to Gander Mountain this morning and came home with a new Endeavor. I'm a Happy guy! I've got a new scope to mount along with the rings and mount, so the only thing I need is a new sling. I have a nice leather one on my Omega, but they tend to get a little slippery some times and I constantly have to re-adjust the strap on my shoulder. I'm sure you all have had similar experiences. So I would like some sling recommendations. Ones your real happy with, that hold to your shoulder well. Which do you prefer?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I've had good luck with the "Claw" slings. Got one on the rifle, and a set on the treestand. They dont slip or make any noise.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cheapy neoprene works for me, though I'm not doing acrobatics while carting my rifle..
Old 03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Safari Sling

You must at least look at a Safari Sling. If do much walking these things can't be beat.

You can sling your rifle at the waist or on the front or back shoulder. The gun can be brought up for a quick shot with minimal movement and you can rest your arms on the gun as you walk. Plus... they are inexpensive.

I've introduced these slings to many of my buds and all end up with one in a year or two. Available at Cabela's and many more places.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

The sling that came 'free' with my Accura stays on my shoulder better than anything i have ever used before. I am kinda 'slope shouldered', but i have always insisted that "i am not stupid, just a little slope shouldered is all".
Old 03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Spike

Bought a Slogan Ultraflex 4 years ago. The absolute best sling that I have ever used.

Have never seen one in a store, but are available on the internet.
http://www.sloganoutdoors.com/
Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SGT.H
I've had good luck with the "Claw" slings. Got one on the rifle, and a set on the treestand. They dont slip or make any noise.
Yep I have 3 of these and I like them. It's the only sling I've used. I will say while I like them I ended up removing all 3 of them as I decided for the most part I prefer no sling. I have them in case I ever want to use it as for some hunts when I'm walking a lot they are nice.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Banned

just recently got the Claw Sling Stix set up. really darn nice set up
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, I'll check those out.