Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Accura V2 vs Old Accura >

New Accura V2 vs Old Accura

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Accura V2 vs Old Accura

Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Spike

Default New Accura V2 vs Old Accura

How much differance is there between the new Accura V2 and the old Accura? I really like the price of the regular Accura on sale right now in Cabelas. I see that the new accura has the new Hands Free breach plug. Is it that big of improvement to the BP on the regular Accura? Is the regular Beach Plug that hard to remove and clean?

Mark
Old 02-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The breech plug is removed and replaced by using a 12mm socket, an extension, and a ratchet handle. It cleans up by using a 7/64" drill in the flame channel, the appropriate solvent, and perhaps a brass brush.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Besides the new BP the V2 has a softtouch texture on the camo and there are rubber grip panels on the stock and fore stock. The orig accura BP is removable easy enough even with the supplied T handle wrench included with the rifle. Great deal at Cabelas now..
Old 02-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Older Style ACCURA's BP removes like most other older stlye's with a 10mm socket or the BP Wrench provided with the ML. The BP cleans up easily, I never had to use a drill bit on the fire channel to clean mine, I just soak it in solvent and use a small (Nylon Brush) I got with a TC Breech brush Set to clean the fire channel.
There is very little blow back with the BP on the older style ACCURA, I have been using a (rubber O-Ring) behind the primer and blowback is all but gone, just a small trace, I also use Teflon Tape on the BP threads. The Stainless Steel Bergara Barrel cleans up Fast, it's the easiest barrel I have ever cleaned. A hot water bath with a brush scub and 2 patches and she's clean, the oil.
As for the price on the new ACCURA V2, CVA is the only one's selling them now, they wont be available at Delears untill sometime in March. The cost at CVA is somewhere around $575. The new quick release BP is suppos-to-be a new design on the release part, as for how it controls blowback Im unsure as I have'nt got one yet and Im undecided at this point if I will.
The (soft touch) rubber pannels added to the forearm and stock really dont appeal to me and IMO make the V2 look bad, I never had a problem with my ACCURA as to need them as it never slipped in my hands. If they would have just changed to the new BP design that would have been enough IMO, but in newer models they do have to in there minds make it look different and improve it so it looks better?
Im not sure what the Delears will be selling the new V2 for but Im sure it will be over $400 and closer to $450 depending on what model you get. And if you get a SS/Camo Thumbhole Im sure it will be even higher.
For the $279 that Cabela's is selling the old style ACCURA for you can get 2 of them for what CVA wants for 1 of the new V2's. For me I'd get 2 of the older style ACCURA's, just think if you get the new V2 what do you get a newer BP and some rubber........if you got 2 of the older ACCURA's for the price of 1 new V2 you have 2 MLers, 2 Bergara SS Barrels and all the rest of the 2 ACCURA's. It seems to be a much better deal to me, or even if you just get 1 older style ACCURA for the price you cant go wrong.
I have 3 of the older style ACCURA's and love them all. Will I get a new V2? mabey.....but it's not because I think it will be way better than the older style ACCURA's that I have now, but because Im addicted to buying new MLers. And if I do it will be because of the new BP design and nothing else. Again the older style BP on my ACCURA's is fine, the ML shoots great and is accurate as hell.
I have the cash burning a hole in my pocket for the new V2, but it's still up in the air what I will do, but if I were you I'd get one from Cabela's for $279.
Good Luck and let us know what you do.
(BP)
Old 02-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Spike

Thanks for the advise. I have one other question. I will be shooting this gun open sights. Does it have the higher comb that is more for scopes? I have shouldered the T/C Triumph and it has the higher comb for scopes and I don't like how it works with open sights. I have not shouldered the CVA Accura is it the same way?

Mark
Old 02-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the ACCURA both with open sights and scoped. With the open sights the ML shoulders fine for me, no problems. I am tall 6"6" so mabey this makes a difference mabey not. I have also shot the Triumph with open sights and it also has shouldered fine for me with no problems.
So I cant give you a answer to this as were all different. All I can say is if you can get ahold of one, try it. Sorry I could'nt be of more help.
(BP)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MarkUtah
Thanks for the advise. I have one other question. I will be shooting this gun open sights. Does it have the higher comb that is more for scopes? I have shouldered the T/C Triumph and it has the higher comb for scopes and I don't like how it works with open sights. I have not shouldered the CVA Accura is it the same way?

Mark

The Accura is not like the Triumph. One can use the factory open sights.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

One post says 12mm socket and one says 10mm. Does anyone know which one it really is? I don't own the gun but a newbie could buy the wrong item based on misinformation.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve F.in MD
One post says 12mm socket and one says 10mm. Does anyone know which one it really is? I don't own the gun but a newbie could buy the wrong item based on misinformation.
12mm

It costs a way less per socket to purchase them as a 'set' rather than individually.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

SORRY about the wrong socket #, 12MM it is as mentioned by Ron. But one should'nt have to worry as if you buy the ML you get the supplied BP Wrench with it so there's no way to mess up unless you lose it and need a quick fix.
(BP)