Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Goodbye huntingnet members >

Goodbye huntingnet members

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Goodbye huntingnet members

Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Banned

Default Goodbye huntingnet members

well guys, its time to say goodbye.

We are all leaving for denver tomorrow afternoon and staying the night and catching a plane to Florida and on sunday, we'll be jumping onto a ship for a week of vacation. Ive never done this before so it will be pretty exciting. Belize, Grand cayman islands, Cozumel, and one other island i forget the name of are some of the places we'll get to visit. Mayun Ruins are a couple interesting places we will visit as well. I believe these are located near Belize. Also plan on doing some kayaking in the Cayman islands as well. Its been a long time since i've kayaked, and that is something i really enjoy doing.

When i do get back, I will start shooting blackhorn209 and see how i like it in the Accura. Kind of sucks having to leave on a trip when i have new toys to play with :lol:

We'll be back March 1st.

So You all take care and be safe and have fun with those muzzleloaders. For those of you that are cold where you live, i will take some warm weather pictures for you all :P

I've never gone 11 days without pulling the trigger on my muzzleloader, i dont know how i am going to handle it :? Another issue tomorrow morning is taking my big fat dog to the vet so they can take care of him while we are away. Thats going to be real tough on me as ive never left him alone like this before. For the past 2 days he's shown that he knows something is up and has been staying close to me and has been laying all over me through out the days. Damn, thats going to be the hardest part of the trip.... leaving him.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well have a good trip, must be nice to take a cruise in the winter. Have a good time MD.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Spike

have a safe trip enjoy hope to hear from you later
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

Cruises are great. We never took one until two years ago. Kinda addictive, but I can only do 5 days at a time. Great food and new sites to see.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Hey go easy on Fat Dog. He is a good boy. Somehow I get the feeling his demise isn't his fault, but yours. Stop giving him all those cookies!!!

Have fun and as with everthing else we do on this forum we will expect a full report when you get back. Been thinking of doing this for a while myself.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

MD,

4 of us are taking that same cruise in April. Have fun.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

When you are at Cozumel, I am sure they are going to take you on the bus tour to Chichen Itza. You will like that if your into archeological sites. There is a lot to do in Mexico. Also keep your hand on your wallet when you are in crowds.. there are a lot of pickpockets. And try not to flash too much cash at any one time. You know, same old safety stuff.

Not shooting is going to the hard on you but there is so much to do on them cruises and when they visit the shore you will never think of it... And the food is excellent on them cruises. Some of that eating is included in the cruise packets and they don't care how much you eat!!

I hope your dog can handle the stress of a kennel. I locked my old Labrador up once for a hunt, and he raised so much trouble they told me never to bring him back. At least fat boy will be tickled to see you when you get home...

Have a safe flight, a good trip, and enjoy the weather...
Old 02-19-2010, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have fun...oh and have the boy take the scope caps off-- makes things a little bit easier
Old 02-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have a Safe and Happy Trip MD, I'll think of you Kayaking while Im pulling some Steelhead through the Ice on Cattaraugus Creek for the Smoker. Make sure you dont run into any Goodlooking Girls on board with a Huge Diamond Necklace!
(BP)
Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

The wife and I took our honeymoon on Grand Cayman back in 1977...Make sure you go snorkling...Where our hotel was we were able to do this right from the beach...The coral and fish were beautiful...

Like Cay said, be careful of your wallet...I always put mine in the front pocket...It's not unusual in a crowd to get bumped in the rear, but you take notice with a hand in the front...

I also put some cash in a safe place in case you do get robbed and usually stick a hundred bucks in the other front pocket for easy access...Have fun...Don't drink the water, that's what tequila was made for...

I sure hope you have a good looking woman going to help take your mind off the dog...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.