Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs? >

Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs?

Old 01-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does anyone use teflon tape on their breechplugs?

so the threads don't get dirty? I was just wondering. I never have, but am curious what the up/ downside might be. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do now with BH209, i love it. If i was shooting 777 or Pyrodex i would probably still use grease. Not positive on that one to tell you the truth.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got some...gonna try it, but I won't be able to shoot for quite awhile. I plan on using a bit of grease still.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, Sabotloader put me onto Teflon about a year a go. I use it on Omega,Triumph and Encore Endeavor. It does keep the threads clean, one thing any body thats going to try it should be aware of is that there are about 6 grades [may be some I don't know about]. I use 2 of the grades myself they are graded by thickness and identified by color. One tip I will pass on is that with the XT plugs its good to spray them with synthetic oil after stretching the Teflon on it makes it possible to keep the tape completely intact and operate the breach plug by hand. Lee
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lemoyne
I use 2 of the grades myself they are graded by thickness and identified by color.
Thanks...I have an Omega and Accura. So what color would I want?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Have an Accura! I use the Pink stuff; awesome. Look mom no greasy fingers!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:24 PM
tjj
Fork Horn

I'm also a teflon tape user. Picked up on it from Sabotloader. Much better than grease/neverseize when it comes time to clean.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Teflon Tape

Hey, I use the Pink Teflon tape and Slick 5o one Grease on all my MZ's and it does help removing the breechplug. I must admit that some times it is a little more work getting the tape off the plug in cleaning.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the pink on the omega and the white on the XT plugs. That does not necessarily mean that is what will fit your gun best they do vary but the tape is not that expensive and it is a good starting point. Lee
Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

I used Never-seize for a lot of years,then tried teflon tape. The tape works very well and is much easier to clean up.

Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.