Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis

Old 01-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK then. But as I previously stated, having experience with both the Genesis and the Optima Pro, I would pick the Optima. I prefer break open type actions for some reason. But that's my personal preference. Maybe its because of these big hands of mine make it easier to access the breech.
I did have a minor problem (cracked front sight fiber optic) with my Genesis. They did not even carry that part and told me I had to call Traditions up to get it.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

bronko22000

The Genesis is/was built by Traditions for Remington and in the contract between the two companies service and parts was to be handled by Traditions. I am nt totally certain of this but I also beleive the Genesis was imported under the Remington sub Company - Spartan Gun Works

http://www.impactguns.com/store/spartan.html

might be able to find more information searching Spartan Gun Works...
Old 01-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Dominant Buck

It is nothing more then a Yukon with a stainless steel barrel and in my case a better trigger. When I talked to Traditions, they told me that any part on that rifle can be replaced by them. I am sure all they will do is send you a Yukon part.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

As Dave and Mike said, the Genesis is serviced through Traditions. Having shot and owned both the Yukon and the Genesis I can confirm the quality contest easily goes to the Genesis.-which should, based if nothing else on the price. I can only assume that Remington asked Traditions to do 'a little extra' since they were putting their name on it. I PERSONALLY would not buy another Yukon, but would not hesitate on another Genesis.

I do really like Traditions breech plugs though.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

The thing I like about the Genesis is that it is not fussy. If I get one I will probably get stainless.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friend
Go out and shoulder some rifles,shoot them if you can,talk to others but in the end,every gun mentioned will go BOOM and kill game.
I think now a days we are talking more about fit and finish and small features that make a rifle desireable to you than anything else.
Buy the one YOU LIKE and buy it.
If it were me I would not buy a discontinued rifle but that's me.
Have fun and good luck
Old 01-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im thinking about trying the new TC now.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sharp Shooter

That would really be the way to go... The TC would be more of a lifetime gun.