Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis

Old 01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sabotloader
bronko22000

Totally disagree.... a lot of us get really tired of FG and his predictable posts. It is really just best ignore him and his posts and move on.
+1
Pushing App to boot.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
tjj
Fork Horn

Perhaps how much you plan on useing your new ML may also be a consideration. If you only want an inexpensive ML to extend your season, then you may not want to, or be able to afford a more expensive model. I have a son with a Genisis, and it shoots just as good as my much more expensive models. He payed a little over 100$ on closeout and has served him very well.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sabotloader
bronko22000

Totally disagree.... a lot of us get really tired of FG and his predictable posts. It is really just best ignore him and his posts and move on.
Maybe you'd be kissin on my ear if i were pushing Knight and Lehigh products
Old 01-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemoyne
+1
Pushing App to boot.
And you view on TC is no different than my view on cva or APP.

By the way, i just bought the APP to see if it was as bad as You and some others have said it was. I feel cheated that i listened all those years, advised people not to use it because i took others word on it, ONLY to find out.... Hey, that stuff isnt true! It is super clean, accurate and doesnt suck up moisture like i had always heard.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There appears to be a few others here pushing items they believe in. So it is up to the individual to read what is presented and make their own choice. It is just simply rude and childish to take shots at people for voicing their own opinion. Afterall, that is what the forum is for - to state your personal opinion and experience whether you agree with it or not.
And MD, you retaliating is not worth the effort. It only adds fuel to the fire.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Maybe you'd be kissin on my ear if i were pushing Knight and Lehigh products
I really doubt it - never seen SL or Lee "push any products.

Sounds like a APP forum coming in the future
Old 01-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Banned

Nope no APP forum. Although i do have a special section for it. I like the powder. No pushing for those products? HA!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned two Genesis. A blue/black one and a stainless/thumbhole. Both shot/shoot great, were not fussy on what they shot/shoot. Easy cleanup. Good fit and finish on mine. Never had a problem with the blueing as one of the members suggested. Good sights. Absorbs recoil well. Well balanced. Both triggers in mine were/are just fine. Breaks at about 3.5lbs and clean. Has a different feel than other triggers but when you can shoot MOA groups with them they can't be too bad. The only thing I don't like about them is the crappy ramrod. But that's hardly a reason to not buy a gun.

It's up to you if you want to get one. If you like it, get it. Bottom line is that you're the one that's going to be using it and if you like it then it doesn't matter what any of us think about it.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah my trigger isn't at all gritty feeling like the other member said his was. Actually it's not a bad trigger but it's not as nice as some others I've used like the accu triggers on Savages. However, it is pretty decent trigger and as you said when it shoots that good it can't be much wrong with it. The bluing is my only complaint really and I think that could be solved by getting the stainless version. I had read reviews of the bluing being not the best before I got mine but I didn't want the stainless they had because of the thumbhole stock.

I don't mean the bluing just flakes off or anything it just seems to scratch easily and doesn't seem to be the best bluing job in the world.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Typical Buck

Bronko no cheap shot hear just wondering why someone would reply to a ? if they have had limited experince with the gun. Customer service was brought up by Remington....never had to send a gun to them so I have no idea how they are. And as far me looking to start something or another angle I might have thats wrong. I could have tried to tell the man go with a Triumph better gun then most out and price coming down everyday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.