HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   How Much Would You Offer? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/315787-how-much-would-you-offer.html)

Steve F.in MD 01-24-2010 12:31 PM

How Much Would You Offer?

My local pawnshop has a CVA Accura for sale. It has "see through" rings which I will need to replace (can't stand them). It shows some rust at the muzzle, and I have not pulled the bp to check the condition of the bore, but I am expecting some rust. They are asking $195. I am thinking about offering $115 and hoping that the bore can be restored. Since I have to buy new rings I really don't want to spend more on the gun. What do you think?

MountainDevil54 01-24-2010 12:36 PM

i'd go for it. They are an excellent rifle. Pull the plug and check the bore out. Shame that idiots ruin guns because they are to lazy to clean them

Breechplug 01-24-2010 01:34 PM

Why buy someone elses pice of untaken care of junk, get a new one or look for another used one. Cabela's has the ACCURA Camo/SS for $289 with discounts. If it's at the pawn shop and rusty it just shows how well the person wanted it or took care of it. Plus as I speak the barrel is rusting away worse and becomming unrepairable.
(BP)

SteveBNy 01-24-2010 02:03 PM

I wouldn't offer anything without checking the bore.

falcon 01-24-2010 02:05 PM

I wouldn't offer anything without checking the bore.

Neither would i.

cayugad 01-24-2010 02:17 PM

Just the fact that the bore was rusting would be alarm bells. Pull the breech and see how bad it is rusted, and what kind of rusting your dealing with. Make sure the pawn shop people see that rust. If they are asking $195 they probably gave $75.00 for the thing. They might want to get their money back. So do not be too generous at first with your bids.

his guzzi 01-24-2010 04:05 PM

I bought an Accura stainless for $289 new from Cabela's and there are now a lot of good guns new for under that. Optima's are like around 250 now and some others even less. I would buy a new gun even a cheaper model before i would spend anything from a pawn shop. Heck i bought a new Wolf on sale for $120 and shot a deer this year with it. You are really don't get a good deal from most pawn shops. Buy one from someone you know is fine. ML's are pretty cheap right now. Most good scopes cost as much as the gun anymore.

rafsob 01-25-2010 04:26 AM

I would have to agree with Guzzi and BP. Why waist your time with a gun that is starting to rust and may not even shoot well.

Thinking and going cheap will bite you in the ass in the end. Go and get a new gun and enjoy yourself!!! :happy0001:

SJAdventures 01-25-2010 03:26 PM

Like said you have to check the bore good before you offer anything. I can only tell you what I would pay. I wouldn't give them more than $90 for it and that's if the bore is still good. Any gun I buy that already has rust has to be a steal for me to take the chance.

LKNCHOPPERS 01-27-2010 09:39 AM

Pull the breech plug and check the bore. If it is rusty but looks like surface rust I would show them and offer $100. If it is bad forget it.