Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

One last try!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default One last try!

Going in the morning for the last time this season for IL's antlerless season. This is the only hunt I could squeeze in and am not thrilled about sitting in the morning. In my past experience with late season hunting, the deer seem to already be bedded by the time shooting hours start. Oh well, gotta go when you can. Taking the Omega and trying a 240 grain XTP (.452 )with 90 grains RS.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

cherokee75

Good luck - give it a good try... just checked my ouija board - it saya Day Break to about 8:00am.... 7:28 in the morning is the hot time... be ready
Old 01-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sabotloader
cherokee75

Good luck - give it a good try... just checked my ouija board - it saya Day Break to about 8:00am.... 7:28 in the morning is the hot time... be ready
I will hold you to the time!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck, this is the time of month that I usually hunt right on the edge of the bed ground from 12 till 2 or 3 pm. Lee
Old 01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
tjj
Fork Horn

I've got a couple friend who monitor trail cams year round. 11:00 am-1p.m. has seen real good activity for the last couple weeks. Good luck. Better sit all day.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck
Old 01-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

My season is over and I miss it!!! Good luck and nail the big one.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I had to pick a time no matter what the season, Bow, Gun or MLer it would be from 10am-2pm. By far I have seen more deer and killed more than anyother time hands down. Most hunters figure the deer are bedded when they dont see them, but the truth is you go hunting in the morning and dont see no deer, you leave and go home for lunch then return and hunt the rest of the day untill dark, again no deer sightings. They moved while you were gone.
I know it's a hard habit to break by not going in the morning, but just give it a try a few times and you'll be surprised at what just might happen. The deer have hunters figured out way better than you think.
Good Luck.
(BP)
Old 01-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Breechplug
If I had to pick a time no matter what the season, Bow, Gun or MLer it would be from 10am-2pm. By far I have seen more deer and killed more than anyother time hands down. Most hunters figure the deer are bedded when they dont see them, but the truth is you go hunting in the morning and dont see no deer, you leave and go home for lunch then return and hunt the rest of the day untill dark, again no deer sightings. They moved while you were gone.
I know it's a hard habit to break by not going in the morning, but just give it a try a few times and you'll be surprised at what just might happen. The deer have hunters figured out way better than you think.
Good Luck.
(BP)
Ya know BP, you may have something there. A friend of mine has that theory and this year he nailed some nice deer. I think I will give it a try next year. Hopefully I can get back to you with great results!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

If your deer have had a chance to calm down, mornings can be very productive. My favorite hunting time is from 1:00 - 5:00 pm. I hunt heavy thickets and that's when they seem to be in there sneaking around. All depends on the kind of cover your hunting. Good luck and have fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.