HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   do we have to argue over brands??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/314847-do-we-have-argue-over-brands.html)

redneckmike87 01-12-2010 07:28 PM

do we have to argue over brands???

im pretty new here and therefore may not have the seniority to talk about this but there seems to be a never ending debate about cva vs tc . here is my limited experience
of the people i hunt with we have a mixed bag of artillery and ammo
dad; tc hawkin 54
step dad ; knight disc 50
bobo; knight rb 50
jimmy ; black diamond 50
travis; cva wolf 50
parker; cva hunter bolt 50
eric; traditions black diamond knock off ?? 50
fat kyle; cva optima thumb hole and ss 50
brother; cva deer stalker carbine 50
me; black diamond, z5 omega, had my brothers rifle and once a cva bobcat all 50's
and we all kill deer, get decent groups, and have a generally good time hunting or shooting together even though we dont all hunt together at the same times and we have never had any problems with our guns except the tradions we cant find parts for and the bobcat was really worth the 60 dollars i paid for it at walmart. i think thats a pretty decent show of weapons for some poor hick kids and a couple old farts and we dont argue about what the other is carrying or the powder or bullet they are shooting there are good and bad ones in every run the thing that matters is we are all hunters and come together to do and talk about what we love especially in this era of anti's. well thats my 2cents let the messages and the you dont have a clues roll in

Semisane 01-12-2010 07:37 PM

An open-minded attitude like that WILL NOT BE TOLERATED RedNeckMike. Shame on you!

Half of those guys are using the wrong gun. The other half are using the wrong gun too. :s2::s2::s2:

redneckmike87 01-12-2010 07:43 PM

thats the way it seems semi my preference is a tc but hell a knight at the right price or a cva at the right price and they all have a home

Semisane 01-12-2010 07:46 PM

Heck, we have to argue about something. Can't argue politics here (we would probably all agree anyway). Can't argue about women because everyone knows redheads are superior so there's no room for argument.

redneckmike87 01-12-2010 07:48 PM

with redheads attitudes its best to just yes dear em and forget it at least the ones i know lol

MountainDevil54 01-12-2010 07:50 PM

prefer blonds myself. Fake or real ones haha

Breechplug 01-12-2010 07:56 PM

I agree totally, and another thing if someone new wants to buy a cheap ML to start off that's great. I started with a cheap CVA Staghorn or was it a Eclips...for the $89 I spent, I killed a-lot of deer with it and I was happy We should'nt push a more expensive ML on them, mabey they cant afford one, in time when things get better they'll get one as they evolve into the sport. For now let's just help everyone as were here to do, whatever there shooting.
(BP)

redneckmike87 01-12-2010 08:00 PM

good call breechplug and settin that kid up was a great thing to do

Breechplug 01-12-2010 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Semisane (Post 3553622)
Heck, we have to argue about something. Can't argue politics here (we would probably all agree anyway). Can't argue about women because everyone knows redheads are superior so there's no room for argument.

That's it Semi, Im putting my Wife on, she's a Blonde, I'd post a pic of her and it would porbably change your mind, but if I did I'd have a Red head!LOL!:busted:
(BP)

saxman1 01-12-2010 08:49 PM

I sure like to read the good natured ribbing that goes on amung friends but I agree that all out fighting about the barrel of a gun is kinda rediculous.
I think it's great that people,myself included become loyal to a certian brand,it's all good.I recently sold my Encore and only own CVA now,I like the way the company is going and I will ride for a while.
As far as which is better,CVA of course,DUHH
And I'll fight about it