Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New "cheap" T/C Rifle >

New "cheap" T/C Rifle

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New "cheap" T/C Rifle

Old 01-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

The SHOT Show opens next week I'm sure some first hand reports will be forthcoming.

I thought the archery fanboys were bad.... there's a line between pride of ownership and psychosis.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by chetmarks
I would rather have Total /Confidence than A Cheap Valueless Acquisition
this does'nt sound original,i'm thinkin borecleaningweasel's tellin whut to write...karl
Old 01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by ampelart
2010 Cabelas shooting catalog
top of page 128.
My opinion is that it is a bad move on the part of T/C but since S&W took over this is the type of thing I figured would happen. That's the way Corporations work, especially when competing for the Almighty dollar.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
mountaineer magic

top of page 128.
My opinion is that it is a bad move on the part of T/C but since S&W took over this is the type of thing I figured would happen. That's the way Corporations work, especially when competing for the Almighty dollar.
Ok after thinking this through I take back what I said.
At least this gun is made in the Good Ol U. S. of A. . I hope they sell millions of them.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by kb1
this does'nt sound original,i'm thinkin borecleaningweasel's tellin whut to write...karl
That's a possibilty . The thought just popped into my head, maybe it was the weasel I guess that's why we should stop and think about what we say before actually posting it HUH?

Old 01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok after thinking this through I take back what I said.
At least this gun is made in the Good Ol U. S. of A. . I hope they sell millions of them.
So if I came to your house I would find everything made in the U.S.A., I think I have a few TC products like a Power Handle, Brush Set and Powder Measurer ect ,ect that all say Made In China on the back. And Im sure there are many more TC parts made outside the good old U.S.A. Unfortunate but true.Why do you have to Trash CVA's do you have a problem with them, I dont trash your TC's
(BP)
Old 01-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

looks like no thrills, but a good entry level gun probably. I think its a damn smart move on TC's part...with a tough economy still, they will probably sell plenty of them.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would be interested in hearing how a swing breech works - never seen one.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

SteveBNy

They call it a sliding breech and after Remington experiance with the 'swinging breech' i am not thinking it is a swinging breech - this is off the wall but i am wondering if the barrel slides away from the breech block?????
Old 01-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me bad - will be interesting to see what it really is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.