Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Got a T/C ProHunter  What a big mistake!!! >

Got a T/C ProHunter What a big mistake!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got a T/C ProHunter What a big mistake!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on your new gun and glad to hear its shooting good for you.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Felt like that the first time i put my paws on a model 70 sporter,thier the only centerfire rifle i have ever hunted with.what did jack call them,wasn't it the riflemans rifle? same thing with my current M/L although i will never part with my ole .54 renegade.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sabotloader what do you think about the GM barrels 1:28? was thinkin on buying one for the ole renegade and shoot nothing but conicals out of it.in 50 cal instead of 54.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
I haven't shot mine much, but what little i have used it has impressed me. And It takes quite a bit to impress me anymore. Say what they will I like mine. Maybe I got "lucky" and got a good one. I haven't tried the 22-250 barrel yet but the 50 cal sure is nice. Time will tell. Some might not think you can "feel" quality but I think you can. If you shoot enough different muzzleloaders after awhile you can hold one and know if it is of good quality or not. When I pick up my ProHunter I can "feel " the difference. Some of you are probably laughing at that statement but some of you know what I mean. I'll leave it at that
I agee with you here, there is a lot of quality in these guns. I love mine.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Typical Buck

As to Grouses reply to my statement he never said a piece of sh**. BUt I quote one of his posts about the Encore.
"As far as a Muzzleloader it's low end for sure. The T/C Triumph or a Knight Disc Elite/Extremewould be a much better choice as a Muzzleloader only."
So I am sorry for a miss quote of Grouse45.
Chuck
Old 01-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
As to Grouses reply to my statement he never said a piece of sh**. BUt I quote one of his posts about the Encore.
"As far as a Muzzleloader it's low end for sure. The T/C Triumph or a Knight Disc Elite/Extremewould be a much better choice as a Muzzleloader only."
So I am sorry for a miss quote of Grouse45.
Chuck
Yep, as a Muzzleloader only thats true. The Encore being short and fairly light has been a great carry gun and excellent on a quad or utv for transporting. It was a sad day when mine got stolen.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Yep, as a Muzzleloader only thats true. The Encore being short and fairly light has been a great carry gun and excellent on a quad or utv for transporting. It was a sad day when mine got stolen.
Jim Shockey was asked on his website if he could pick any ML what would be the one he would pick. He said that the best on the market was the TC PH. I ll take his "quote" instead.

Last edited by joffutt1; 01-08-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
tjj
Fork Horn

CHETMARKS
If it makes you feel any better, I was foolish enough to make the same mistake-twice....Glad I did. I must have gotten lucky and gotten good ones too. I'm very pleased with them, With or without Mr. Shockeys approval.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

builder459

what do you think about the GM barrels 1:28? was thinkin on buying one for the ole renegade and shoot nothing but conicals out of it.in 50 cal instead of 54.
Trying to be brief and not steal this thread.... the GM_LRH barrel is a great barrel.... The 50 cal barrel would be my choice because there is a huge selection of conicals and/or sabot out there that will shoot great from the barrel. I shoot 90 grains T7-3f, a .125x.510 shot card and a .503/460 grain Bull Shop from mine... that will get just about anything out there - if I do my job...