Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Wishing all a happy new year >

Wishing all a happy new year

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Wishing all a happy new year

Old 01-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wishing all a happy new year

Now that 2009 is out of here and 2010 is ahead of us I would like to wish everyone a blessed and joyous new year.

In some ways 2009 was not a good year for me and my family. I was laid off in Feb after 23 years of near continuous employment, I finally found a temp job (no benefits at half my preveous pay) in June and am still looking for a more permanent situation. My wifes sister's son died in a swimming accident and her husband moved out and is shacking up with someone else. My wife has now gone back to work part time for the first time in about 8 years, and not because she wanted to. I've not been able to renew my gun club membership this year due to lack of funds so I've not been shooting in several months (not as big a deal as the others but I am having some withdrawals because of it). No hunting tags were drawn by myself of my 2 boys this year so no fresh meat in the freezer.

On the other hand, 2009 hs been a year in which we found many blessings in family, friends and God. We have experienced things that truely warm us to the core and have been renewed in our faith and outlook for the future. Despite the hardships of the last year we have grown both in our love of each other and in our determination to continue to move forward. We look forward to the opportunities and blessings this new year will bring and I pray that each of you will experience the blessings it has in store for you as well.

God bless you all and happy new year.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Right back at you dmurphy.
sometimes God shows us that what we need and what we think we need are not the same thing at all. Pray and pray some more.God will take care of you and your family.Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Happy New Year to you too dmurphy.I hope 2010 brings you a little better luck.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Happy New Year to all of you and your families.

As we interact on these forums we develop a strange friendship of sorts. It might not be eye to eye or one on one, but I think there is a true sense of camaraderie. I often find myself when talking to a neighbor, and make reference to something that was reported here, like I was telling something an old friend told me here. So to all my old friends here and my new ones as well. Happy New Year and lets have a great year!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Spike

I to have not had the best year, but not as unfortunate as some. I was in a bad car accident in May and have been through excrutiating PT. I now face major back surgery in a little over a week, and I am not looking forward to it. I have really tried to be thankful for what I do have and to have the faith that God will take care of things. I am new to the forums, but it is amazing how spending time reading all the great advice and input from others have helped me get through my day! I would like to wish you all a Very Happy New Year! And thank you as well!

May God bless us ALL!

wbj
Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

i consider myself lucky to be a member of this outstanding forum. Was lucky to have worked most of last year but it interfered greatly with my hog hunting and target practice. Am now fully retired.

May God Bless all of the fine folks on this forum, grant them prosperity and keep them safe.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

And may you also Have a Happy and Safe New Year, I always seem to find that no matter how bad things get they sooner or later get better. To all the Guy's and Gal's on the Forum I wish everyone a Safe and Happy New Year and may God Bless all of you and your Family's. Your all a Great Bunch of Guy's!
(BP)
Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

same to you breech and all of you other guys
Old 01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad
Happy New Year to all of you and your families.

As we interact on these forums we develop a strange friendship of sorts. It might not be eye to eye or one on one, but I think there is a true sense of camaraderie. I often find myself when talking to a neighbor, and make reference to something that was reported here, like I was telling something an old friend told me here. So to all my old friends here and my new ones as well. Happy New Year and lets have a great year!!!
Well said Dave. I can't add a thing to that.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

+2 for what Dave said....... Semi and I are doing a little deal and it feels like doing a deal with someone you have known not a stranger.