Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need Some Help

Old 12-30-2009, 04:16 AM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default Need Some Help

Well I was shooting yesterday and was taking off my barrel on my accura to clean it and when I went to put the barrel back on I couldnt find the screw for the forearm..I looked and looked but nothing...so I figure thats okay im sure ill have one lying around inmy garage that will fit..nope.I found one that fits but the head sticks out to far .So I go to the hardware store and see if I can buy a few that I think look about the right size/length...that didnt work out to good becasue none of the ones I bought fit....If someone here has a screw that will properly fit the forearm part I would gladly pay for the postage if you could send it.I never thought it would be this hard to find a dang screw.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

ewwww, that sucks! Same thing nearly happened to me yesterday when I was cleaning my Accura. Is the screw shaft too long or is the head too thick? If its the shaft, could you cut it down with a dremel tool?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Call CVA and tell them what happened. They will send you the right part. I knew a fellow that lost a screw that held the forearm on a double shotgun, so he felt he found the right screw. Well it works but the forearm is not right.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MO-KS_hunter
ewwww, that sucks! Same thing nearly happened to me yesterday when I was cleaning my Accura. Is the screw shaft too long or is the head too thick? If its the shaft, could you cut it down with a dremel tool?

If you are going to cut a bolt down find a nut that fits and install it before cutting the bolt. After the end is cut off (dremel, grinder, hacksaw, file etc.) then back the nut off and it will clean up any burrs or problems with the thread.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:00 AM
ogg
Fork Horn

the head part sticks out to far and rubs against my hand when held.I sent CVA a email and said it would take up to two weeks ...for one screw.Maby they misread my email on what part I needed or something?

Last edited by ogg; 12-30-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ogg
the head part sticks out to far and rubs against my hand when held.I sent CVA a email and said it would take up to two weeks ...for one screw.Maby they misread my email on what part I needed or something?
ogg, I'd cut the one you have down, as long as the head is'nt too wide to fit into the forearm as it would possibly cause the forearm to crack if the fit is'nt right. CVA need's a 1-800 number so ordering parts does'nt cost a arm and a leg, it should be a FREE call. Next time get a small container or a dish and keep your parts in that when cleaning or dissassembling.
Good Luck!
(BP)