Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Pro Hunter (Endeavor) Hang-Fire >

T/C Pro Hunter (Endeavor) Hang-Fire

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Pro Hunter (Endeavor) Hang-Fire

Old 12-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have talked to three guys who had a similar problem this year as you, all had left the gun loaded and had it in the cab on the way to their spot...I think it was just enough moisture to cause a problem, I don't know what else to think of it.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

When i load my gun for a hunt i leave it in a gun case in the back of my truck and never bring it in the house or cab . I brought my gun once into the cab after being outside in freezing weather , and noticed it was covered with condensation as was the inside of the barrel so i put the barrel down and then a few minute later i dried it off and changed the load just to be safe . Then i put it back into the gun case in the bed . So if i ever bring in into the house or cab again i will always change the load , but better just to let the gun stay cold . But i use loose powder and never have used pellets . Only miss fire i have ever had was when i was messing around with BH209 and my .25 acp conversion . But i only use 777 loose powder now .

Last edited by UtahRob; 12-19-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

so how do ya get a load out without shooting it...safely?

Originally Posted by UtahRob
When i load my gun for a hunt i leave it in a gun case in the back of my truck and never bring it in the house or cab . I brought my gun once into the cab after being outside in freezing weather , and noticed it was covered with condensation as was the inside of the barrel so i put the barrel down and then a few minute later i dried it off and changed the load just to be safe . Then i put it back into the gun case in the bed . So if i ever bring in into the house or cab again i will always change the load , but better just to let the gun stay cold . But i use loose powder and never have used pellets . Only miss fire i have ever had was when i was messing around with BH209 and my .25 acp conversion . But i only use 777 loose powder now .
Old 12-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well it happened to my Buddy again today........4th Hang Fire and 4th Missed Deer. I told him to take his ML out of the barn and into the House but he did'nt listen. Anyway he's missed 4 deer already and each time I heard the ML go off and it sounded like fffffffffffft-BOOOOOOOM. We looked for sign f a hit in the snow, nothing. I know his Triumph is sighted in as yesterday we resighted it in and he was shooting 1"groups at 50yds, and after we finished I reloaded the ML for him so I knew it was done right, so much for that. This is his first ML and he's ready to give it up because of the misses, he's deadly with a shotgun and a good shot so I cant blame it on that.
Will a Hangfire cause the ML to not hit where it's sighted in for??????????
(BP)
Old 12-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Breechplug

Will a Hangfire cause the ML to not hit where it's sighted in for
Abolutely! And I am not so sure that is a hang fire as the pellets only partially ignite and you are not getting power at all. In fact if you had walked off the end of the muzzle out into the snow you might have found parts of the pellets...

Get some loose...
Old 12-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Spike

Having a hang fire will cause you to think what the h__l and you will move even a little will mess you up. I normally shoot flint locks but i have a TC Encore .50 and when I shot that a few years ago I seemed to prefer the Triple 7 loose to the pellets seemed better accuracy was given dont think I ever had a hang fire. My buddy had a problem last year his wouldnt go off primer poped but nothin for some reason when he took his bp out he hadnt found any pellets ?!!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Breechplug

Abolutely! And I am not so sure that is a hang fire as the pellets only partially ignite and you are not getting power at all. In fact if you had walked off the end of the muzzle out into the snow you might have found parts of the pellets...

Get some loose...
Mike it may be the end of BP Hunting for My Buddy as he has no patience at all, in his mind a MLer is obsolete and inferior to Shotguns and rifels. He also stated to me that his Triumph stated in the owners manual and advertisement that it was (Low Maintenence) when it came to cleaning, and when he saw that I had to swab his barrel between shots, then clean the breech and barrel after shooting he was upset that you had to do all this! He said this is'nt easy to clean and keep up.
So if I mention loose powder to him and that you have to pre measure loads then he's really gonna flip! he's already flipping over the cleaning part. I guess some of us are MLers and some ar'nt. Remember last year when I posted a topic about his Triumph and him getting the sabot stuck in the barrel after he just got it for Christmas, I thought I'd own it then, now Im probably gonna get it for sure, especially after 4 missed deer and the hangfires.
So I better get it from him in 3 days when out Late ML Season ends and give it a good cleaning so it does get cleaned properly and not just left in the barn to corrode and rust away.
I should have just brought one of My Old MLers to let him use as I have for the last 3 years, I have loaded, cleaned and done everything for him except pull the trigger, I think he preferred it this way..................
(BP)
Old 01-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Spike

Only other thing I can think of was maybe the bullet/sabot was not fully seated on the charge? I try and be careful about not jamming the bullet/sabot down too tightly so as to not destroy the bullet tip. Shot two shots at a deer the other day, first with T7 loose then follow up with two T7 pellets and absolutly no delay in ignition whatsoever. Second shot found the mark at 200+ yards. I was very pleased and wonder now if its more user error than anything.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Banned

its them crap pellets
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
its them crap pellets
Believe it.