Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Smokeless Smokepole >

Smokeless Smokepole

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Smokeless Smokepole

Old 12-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is an awful lot of people that like them, in fact I have not heard of anyone that had one that did not like it. There are several forums that are dedicated to them and have a great deal of information on them.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

They are great rifles, I use one for ML season here in Wi. I use a White in Co. because of conical and no smokeless allowed. The Savage will shoot a 300 Grain Barnes original over 60 grains of VV 120 extremely fast and accurate, kicks quite a bit tho. They do not do as well with BP or subs tho too hard to clean but with smokeless its real easy. You have to weigh your charges tho not measure
RC
Old 12-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LaneNebraska
Spaniel

In general terms, no problems.
It's just when we start sharing loads and load comparisons, I would'nt want anyone/newbee's to get any wrong ideas. And start shoving smokless powder down their regular inlines

Just a safety concern is all
Fair..............
Old 12-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one, and it is now my go-to ML. I shoot 43.5 grains of Accurate Arms 5744 powder (weighed) under a Barnes 300 grain Expander-MZ bullet with supplied MMP sabot. This load is moderate for the 10ML-II and should be running in the 2000-2100 fps range. It'll do just under 1.5MOA out to 200 yards without effort, and it's wicked lethal on deer.

Mike
Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Doug,s is the place for info on the Savage.

My Brother dumped a 17" 8 point this afternoon w/ ML10II, at a laser ranged 236. When he called me he once again said them 330 gr. LFN fly like they have wings.

Ken

Last edited by Screwbolts; 12-12-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Spike

Default Didnt Mean To Start A Fruckus

Thanks guys, sorry if I caused a problem. Several years ago I ask a question on another forum about an inline and was told to go s.... in my hat. It as it turned out was a sidehammer forum. Did not realize this was only for bp or bp subs. Again Im sorry.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not just for BP and "Bp subs". Your question is welcome here. Remember, smokeless powder is the original BP substitute.

Mike
Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Spike

Default Did mean to start a fruckus

Thanks guys for all the info and Im sorry if I caused a problem. Several years ago I ask a question on another forum about an inline ml and was told to go s... in my hat.Turned out it was a sidehammer forum. Im just a hunter and guess Im a slow learner. Again sorry
Old 12-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Spike

Default Oops

Im very sorry
Old 12-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't run off just yet. Your Savage still loads from the front. The concern that was voiced was one of stupid people looking at a thread about the Savage and smokeless powder muzzleloading and thinking they'll try it in their CVA. Of course, a similar argument could be used to justify not talking about a particular cartridge because said idiots might try to load a 280 Rem into a 270 Winchester, somehow manage to get the bolt closed, and proceed to purify the gene pool.

If you have questions about the Savage 10ML-II, please feel free to ask them here. I, and the several other Savage shooters here, will be glad to try to help you. You may encounter a curmudgeon or to that thinks that the Savage will ruin "HIS" muzzleloader season, or ignorantly believes that smokeless is inherently unsafe in all ML applications, or whatever. If this happens, don't sweat it. Smokeless muzzleloading is a topic that gets batted around from time to time with the proponents and detractors making their case, but in the end the Savage is just a great ML.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.