Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura Problems?

Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default Accura Problems?

Well Ill be ordering my first muzzleloader tommorow..its either going to be a SS Accura or a blued Omega.I was dead set on the accura after all the great reviews and groups people were getting but I read of a cracking problem on the modernmuzzleloading forum.Where there were small cracks in the barrel weld.Was this proved to be only cosmetic or was it really cracks?I dont want to be worrying about it everytime I shoot and have to check it every shot to make sure it didnt crack.So then that kind of made me shy away from the accura and think the omega is the better choice.Any input on the possible ''cracks'' would be great.Also is there any down side to the omega?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is NO weld on the Barrel of the ACCURA, they use a (Dove-Tail) to attach the stud to the barrel that attaches the barrel to the forarm. Where did you hear of barrel cracking problems with the ACCURA, from TC????
(BP)
Old 12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

I searched ''accura'' on the modernmuzzleloading.com forum and I think on the 2 or 3 page there are pictures of what appears to be cracks and thats what the owners of those accuras thought as well....I beleive one of them sent it back to cva and got a new barrel back.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
There is NO weld on the Barrel of the ACCURA, they use a (Dove-Tail) to attach the stud to the barrel that attaches the barrel to the forarm. Where did you hear of barrel cracking problems with the ACCURA, from TC????
(BP)
Modern Muzzleloading ... that says it all. A couple of years ago there was a guy there that claimed he got 3 consecutive Win Apex's that shot 10 in 100 yard groups. Talk about UNLUCKY .

Well, judging from who was involved with the conversation it sounds like there is some cracking going on... unlucky lot there at Modern Muzzleloading.

I didn't think White made a break open rifle . . .

BTW. The cracks in UC's rifle look to be caused by recoil lifting barrel. There must be some play and it hammers the weld when he shoots them 500 grain conicals.

Last edited by Pglasgow; 12-09-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:19 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/ph...ghlight=accura
Old 12-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ogg
I searched ''accura'' on the modernmuzzleloading.com forum and I think on the 2 or 3 page there are pictures of what appears to be cracks and thats what the owners of those accuras thought as well....I beleive one of them sent it back to cva and got a new barrel back.
Where exactly were the cracks suppos-to-be???? There is a weld on the Barrel where the barrel attaches to the receiver. Do you have any pics???
(BP)
Old 12-09-2009, 06:21 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

members from here posted pics of what appeared to be ''cracks'' on their accuras.thats why I posted this here because this forum and memebers are usually more helpfull than other forums...jeez,Didnt mean to start something...I really want the accura but im just finding out if theres any problems with it first before I buy it.

Last edited by ogg; 12-09-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got to the link but I cant log on with out a username and password, not gonna join just to read it........where were the cracks on the barrel of the ACCURA?
(BP)
Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Breechplug, here :
Attached Thumbnails Accura Problems?-accura-crack.jpg  
Old 12-09-2009, 06:43 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

nevermind..he beat me to it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.