Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Best ML for the money >

Best ML for the money

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Best ML for the money

Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Well you DO apparently have an issue with the White rifles,,,,or maybe just their shooters?? This is the second forum I've seen where guys have asked about conical guns,,and when White was recommended,,YOU just had to comment negetively.

I'll stick with what works. This is a 5 shot group at 75 yards with the lousy White S91 witnessed by Nimrodder. No break-in necessary.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Lee, I wouldn't worry about what the other guy was flapping his jaw about. You know how it is, there are some guys that just like to ruffel feathers. I was thinking along the lines you were. I also do the same for break in with ALL my guns not just muzzy's. When I break in a new gun I only shoot lead bullets out of them for the first go around.

I have no problem with my triumph and conical, the thing will shoot tight groups all day long. The gun is also very forgiving when it comes to cleaning and loads. I can shoot it clean or dirty and get results that are close enough to call good. As a matter a fact I have never fire a sabot from any of my muzzy's, I wouldn't know the first thing about them.
I thank you for your knowledge.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Wow!! If you knew so much,,,,.......never mind.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

No I don't know,"so much" as you stated. That is why I asked. Guys like Lee, Cayugad, spainel, and mountaindevil have probably pulled the trigger on more guns than I'll ever have the chance to shot. I have been reading there post to other questions for a while now and have learn they give good solid advise when asked. I wasn't looking for opinions... I was looking for knowlege.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

"some guys that just like to ruffel feathers" and Lee has become one of them. Start to see too many "I didn't mean it THAT way" or "I have nothing against" but always a TC fanboy and you kind of get the idea that Lee likes to poke the fire a little now and then.

Gather up 10 randomly picked TC Encores and 10 randomly picked White Super91s or even 97s and fire test loads with heavy conicals of the right size for each. I don't think there is much doubt the Whites would win such a match with ease.

And the Whites will be easier to clean up properly afterward.

My first Encore would not keep conicals nor anything else inside a bushel basket at 50 yards. And that is the truth.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's some nice shooting Batchief. I don't own a White but I plan on it someday. I missed out on the last sale. It seems to be almost an almost universally accepted fact that the White's shoot conicals like no other. Someday I will have first hand knowledge.
Art
Old 12-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BIG.PAUL
No I don't know,"so much" as you stated. That is why I asked. Guys like Lee, Cayugad, spainel, and mountaindevil have probably pulled the trigger on more guns than I'll ever have the chance to shot. I have been reading there post to other questions for a while now and have learn they give good solid advise when asked. I wasn't looking for opinions... I was looking for knowlege.
If you don't want input from anybody else..I suggest you ask your questions in a PM to those you referred to. I've only been muzzleloading for 25+ years...so I don't know chit from shinola...

Thanks, UC.....but it just isn't worth the effort to type much anymore.

Art.....find ya one and buy it. UC can probably point ya in the right direction.

By the way,,,,,UC designed the bullet that made that one big hole.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Well I had tried to tell you this nicely before, but you seem to not be able to get so I put in a different way.

Shut the hell up and keep your opinions to your self. What people are looking for on a forum is infomation, not usless BS that any jackass can throw out.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

UC I wish you lived close enough. that we could match what we have, it would be fun. As far as 10 of each goes I never had 10 of any one gun, I usually have a bunch all different and you are right about me being a TC fan over the last 5 or 6 years they have done well for me. I prefer sabots to but feel there is a time and place for all kinds . Lee

Last edited by lemoyne; 12-12-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BIG.PAUL
Well I had tried to tell you this nicely before, but you seem to not be able to get so I put in a different way.

Shut the hell up and keep your opinions to your self. What people are looking for on a forum is infomation, not usless BS that any jackass can throw out.
No problem Einstein.

Your English teacher must be proud of you....

Last edited by batchief909; 12-11-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.