Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Accura load suggestions >

Accura load suggestions

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura load suggestions

Old 12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
ramrod for the accura is fine. i never had any problems with it.
i thought the same, I like how it expands out by unscrewing the end and the fact you can screw the breech wrench rod in it to add another four inches for cleaning or at the range.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fusion
Anyone try the IMR white Hots? or am I better off with Tripple 7.
I've tried nearly everyone elses powder, so I picked up a box of White Hots and have 'em sittin' around but never had the chance to try 'em before our gun season opened here. I do plan on seeing for myself how well they do though. I've had 2 friends tell me that they've tried them and didnt think they were really anything special. That only made me more curious to see for myself though.

CONGRATS on your new Accura
Old 12-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IndyBassin
i thought the same, I like how it expands out by unscrewing the end and the fact you can screw the breech wrench rod in it to add another four inches for cleaning or at the range.
Actually anything that has moving parts to it and has force applied to it has a chance of breaking. I have a CVA Kodiak and the Ramrod supplied with it also is like the one for the ACCURA, but the one for the Kodiak has a (carbon) piece that connects the end of the unscrewable part of the ramrod to the loading-cleaning end, that part broke on my Kodiak's, that piece on the ACCURA's Ramrod is all metal. Got a Free replacement from CVA.
At the time of replacement on the phone with CVA I asked why the (new-style) Ramrod?, did'nt really get a answer. It is the first time I ever got a ML that had a extendable Ramrod, anyother ML I ever got had a one-piece Ramrod. I dont know why they could'nt figure in a one piece Ramrod with the new design of the Kodiak and ACCURA.
The other drawback of the Ramrod is if you have to hurry for a (follow-up) shot it's gonna take more time to unscrew your Ramrod for a quick nother load.
I love both MLer's, ACCURA and Kodiak, but in My Opinion the Ramrod's SUCK!
(BP)
Old 12-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Banned

the extendable ramrod is just for cleaning, theres no way in heck i'd reload with it being extended. that would hurt if it broke while being extended and loading a hard sabot.

the mmp-12 sabots with the 300gr xtp's are super hard. i had to put so much pressure on it i thought for sure that ramrod would bend over and break with all the force on it. But its a good ramrod, i rarely ever use a range rod unless i have to swab between shots.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

Breechplug,

My brother owns a camp in farmersville which is in Cattaragus county
Old 12-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

the extendable ramrod is just for cleaning, theres no way in heck i'd reload with it being extended. that would hurt if it broke while being extended and loading a hard sabot.

the mmp-12 sabots with the 300gr xtp's are super hard. i had to put so much pressure on it i thought for sure that ramrod would bend over and break with all the force on it. But its a good ramrod, i rarely ever use a range rod unless i have to swab between shots.
So MD then what are you suppos-to use if your Hunting and you need to reload and you only have the extendable ram rod supplied with the ML, are you suppos-to bring another ramrod with you? where do you put this extra ramrod or how do you carry it with you? seems like a pain in the &#!$!
I have a solid fiberglass ramrod I use for reloading and a shortstarter when Im at the range, but when Hunting Im not gonna carry this extra stuff, Im only gonna have the extendable ramrod supplied with the ML.
(BP)
Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

You don't have to extend the ramrod in order to load. He was just saying don't extend it out and try to load like that.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Spike

the Powerbelt Plat 338's slide down nice and easy with it
Old 12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

if you got to clean/reload in the field, i'd highly suggest one of the longer 4-6" TC cleaning jag attachments. Its faster to screw on a long cleaning jag than it is to unscrew the accuras extending attachment. I no longer have to swab my accura's bore now thankfully LOL. Ive always been partial to just being able to load up and go round after round.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you got to clean/reload in the field, i'd highly suggest one of the longer 4-6" TC cleaning jag attachments. Its faster to screw on a long cleaning jag than it is to unscrew the accuras extending attachment. I no longer have to swab my accura's bore now thankfully LOL. Ive always been partial to just being able to load up and go round after round.
Thank's MD, I do have one of them TC Jags, I never used it. What I have been doing is using my (short-starter) it gets the Sabot down the Barrel about 5", then I send er home with the Rod without entending the attachment.
I talked to Mike (Sabotloader) awhile back about shooting on a Fouled Barrel insted of shinny clean as the ACCURA shoots great after a shot or two, there dead on. Anyway I shot a Doe last night for a Landowner that we Hunt on his land once in awhile, he's 90 and cant Hunt anymore but he still buy's his License and he transferred a Doe Tag to me and I filled it for him. Well this morning I ran 1 patch down the barrel to get some of the fouling out then a patch of MX BC and the Barrel was Clean, not 100% clean but darn near it. Does your ACCURA's SS Barrel clean up as easy?
(BP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.