Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
First runner up. First Muzzleloader Buck >

First runner up. First Muzzleloader Buck

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First runner up. First Muzzleloader Buck

Old 11-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default First runner up. First Muzzleloader Buck

Well here is my '09 buck. Not the one I was after which I guessed to be in the low 170's but, I let this guy walk Saturday Evening and it made me sick to my stomach all day Sunday.

So, when this guy offered me a shot again yesterday mid morning I could not refuse the shot.

You talk about hard, let one like this walk by and then spend a day and a half seeing nothing but 1 1/2 old bucks. I was sick but,

I tried to hold out and then found myself with a second chance and could not let it walk again.

My second largest buck ever, and first muzzleloader Buck. he is a 10 point with a 22" inside spread.

Defineatly no ground shrinkage here, when I walked up to this I about had a heart attack. He was even bigger than I had thought when I pulled the trigger. I am very pleased and no regret!

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 11-18-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Great looking buck dude! Definitely wouldn't have gotten a free pass from me either.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with that, dang nice buck...We have very few like that here in NC...Congrats...
Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am very pleased and no regret!
Well I guess NOT. He's a monster. Congratulations.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

thanks semi, not sure what he will score other than a spot on the wall. From the time I pulled the trigger and he was at the taxidermist was about two hours, if thats any indication of how excited I was to harvest another big buck in my life.
really feeling lucky, hell I might go buy a lotto ticket!

Well now it's time to thin the doe heard. Already harvested 3 over the weekend still allowed 5 more in the county I hunt, here in Indiana.

Around me Deer season is like hitting the lotto for millions, I have family I didn't know I had. They all want free deer meat.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Dominant Buck

That is a very nice buck. A real wall hanger in my book. Congratulations.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir,he is nice.
He can ride in my Jeep also
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice!!! Outfitter or private land?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Very nice!!! Outfitter or private land?
Private land, I have hunted for 25 years. there is great genes in this part of the country, it is my little slice of heaven.

I have never outfitted a hunt and would never. Don't care how much they claim fair chase. I still think it is cheating.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck

Well now it's time to thin the doe heard. Already harvested 3 over the weekend still allowed 5 more in the county I hunt, here in Indiana.
Well heck, if this is Hendricks or anywhere near Hendricks and there is land with too many does and people that want to eat them but aren't shooting them I'd help you out... The hour and a half drive to where I hunt is too far for does I have no room for in the freezer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.