Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Triumph scope base, rings and scope????? >

T/C Triumph scope base, rings and scope?????

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph scope base, rings and scope?????

Old 11-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

On my Omega I went with a Leupold VX I 2-7 and their QD base/rings.I have the option of using the scope or simply taking it off if it gets bumped hard and using the open sights.The QD is great for cleaning as well.As far as power goes 6x is more than enough.Some folks like lots of power but there are drawbacks.I guarantee at some point they cranked the power up once on stand and forgot to lower it before moving out of the area.That will sooner or later cost them a shot at a critter.That plus the added weight,mirage,etc is just not needed on any big game rig.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you all for the great responces!! When I get home from work tonight I will start to look around online on all the great suggestions!! I feel like a kid in a candy store! hahaha thanks again!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

I put the new Leupold Ultimate Slam on mine along with their mounts and bases and using the load they reccomend, 3-50 grain 777's and the Federal low spark primer the DOTS in the scope are exactly right on the money, saves alot of time and effort.. you will hit the mark the first time and every time if you follow their sight-in system..Hits out to 250 yards are for the most part simple, once you learn to read the windage the dot gaps are perfect, I was stunned at how exactly they got the gaps with the 250 grain Shockwaves...
Old 11-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Myersbuck
Thank you all for the great responces!! When I get home from work tonight I will start to look around online on all the great suggestions!! I feel like a kid in a candy store! hahaha thanks again!
the last time i checked, Natchezss had the Warne rings on sale and the Nikon Omega 3-9x40 (black, non BDC) on sale for $139 (reg $240ish)

Brian
Old 11-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have my Triumph set up with Leupold rings and base and use a Bushnell 2-7X36mm scope. Never really thought I needed a higher power scope and these have never let me down.