Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just name one

Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Another pitch for the CVA Accura. I don't have one but if I were to buy another muzzleloader (have several now) I would go with the Accura. The one UC has for sale would be a good choice. In great shape but already broken in which usually takes several shots to accomplish. If I had the money now I would buy that one.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tribal,

Since you state you need your ML to shoot with open sights, the Triumph may not work for you. It does come with stock open sights but if you plan on putting on a rear peep or ghost ring sight (do a search on this forum), as already stated, the comb of the Triumph stock makes it difficult for most to get their head down far enough to use the open sights.

I was in the exact same position as you about six months ago - price around $400 max, open sights. FWIW, I settled on the Omega X7 and have no regrets. Stainless barrel, laminate stock, rear peep sight included.

That Accura looks pretty good though.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

T/C Omega. Hard to ask for a better value.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:34 AM
tjj
Fork Horn

+1 on an omega.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tribal

I have two Omegas and they are awesome guns - BUT if you have time to wait a bit TC may release a new model Omega that will come with a Speed Breech and will be built lighter on the Triumph weight scale. If they do that i would be selling my Triumph and getting a new Omega especially if it come in stainless.

Then if you want a less expensive model wait a bit longer and CVA will offer a copy of the new gun.

There are some excellent buys on Knight DISC's right now also. This is number one quality gun - but as you probably know Knight has suspended manufacturing at this time. parts and warranty work still continues.... These $400+ dollar guns can be had for $200 and less now.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

Get the Accura from CVA. You wont be sorry!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks so much for all of your replies. I know it can sound like a broken record sometimes with guys asking the same thing. But it is important enough to me where I wanted a direct answer. Cabelas a short drive from my house has the CVA's on sale stainless for just over $300 and I like the way they look. I will be going this evening to shoulder a few and see what I like. Underclocked curious what would you ask for your extra Accura? PM me if you would please. It would be something I consider depending on total cost. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tribal

Get there in a hurry...

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/ph...=111271#111271
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is stainless/camo and is in mint condition. Would include steel two piece scope bases already installed and would reinstall the factory iron sights if you like. They would be included in the box along with all factory accessories in any event. 325 plus 20 for shipping to you.