Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Think about gettin another one >

Think about gettin another one

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Think about gettin another one

Old 09-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Think about gettin another one

I've had my wolf as my main deer gun for the past three years. Saw a knight .50 cal with the complete set up for 140 bucks last week and am thinking about going down to the store and putting it on lay away. I also looked at the kodiak 179 dollars and omega 400 and pro hunter 499. give me your thoughts.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IndyHunter83
I've had my wolf as my main deer gun for the past three years. Saw a knight .50 cal with the complete set up for 140 bucks last week and am thinking about going down to the store and putting it on lay away. I also looked at the kodiak 179 dollars and omega 400 and pro hunter 499. give me your thoughts.
I would try and get a Knight Vision from the Sportsman guide. They were $179.00 bucks. If not get one of those Knight Extremes for $200.00 bucks.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Just found out that it is a knight wolverine 50 cal. I'm gonna go by on tuesday of next week to look at it. I've bought guns from this place before and they're selling them at 125 bucks a pop as of today. Does anyone know anything about these rifles? I just figured it was a good deal on a new mL
Old 09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

thw wolverine is a pull type, open breech model. They are nice, but they are not the best for scope use as the blowback residue gets all over your scope. Also a bit harder to clean, and less weather resistant than a break action. I think you could do alot better for a few bucks more. try sports mans guide , natchez, or Midways closeout deals.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Dominant Buck

The Wolverine is a good rifle. It is a break open model, but these are a dependable, well made, easy to operate, meat and potatoes rifle. Granted, the open breech design does foul a scope if mounted. But a simple scope bikini will solve that.

The older models were 22 inch barrels with a #11 ignition system. These are the LK models. The newer Wolverines did come with a 209 ignition and even longer barrels.

I own two of them. They are solid performing rifles in the field, both of mine are accurate with a number of projectiles, and while they are old technology, parts are still out there for them.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

cayugad... sent you a pm
Old 09-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cayugad-doesn't that rifle have a Green mountain Barrel?? How can you beat a rifle with a GMB for that kind of money?? A Knight takes 1 or 2 extra minutes to clean. And is probably the best shooting inline rifle ever made(in several different configurations). I would say buy that rifle with confidence. And stop listening to the guys who want to save 1 or 2 minutes in cleaning a rifle.

If you are really worried about the scope then put a couple of short pieces of black tape on the scope. you will never know it.

Some of these closeout prices on Knight rifles are unbelievable. Buy with confidence.

I have shot more Knight's, TC's, and other rifles than I care to think about. And on the average the Knight outshoots them all, and you do not need a hammer to pound the projectle down the barrel. Just my opinion. Tom.

Last edited by HEAD0001; 09-17-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Typical Buck

Gunbroker has Knight Disc Extremes for $178 plus shipping. Great deal on a fine rifle.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:41 AM
Spike

How about a Knight Elite 50cal. SS
Now ya got something

pm me