HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Knight LRH (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/302709-knight-lrh.html)

CarbonCop 09-05-2009 09:12 PM

Knight LRH

I've decided to pick up a Knight LRH w/thumbhole stock. I like the look/feel of it and it looks like a great fit for the type of hunting I'll be doing.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate one for a reasonable cost since Knight's announcement to pull out of the market. I saw that Cabela's had them in their Bargain Cave for $399, but I can't find them now.

Any suggestions or spottings in your area would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm in Indiana, but don't necessarily have to purchase it here. Thanks in advance!

sabotloader 09-06-2009 07:41 AM

CarbonCop

They are still out there just going to take some looking on your part. Also, while the LRH is a great gun it is also a heavy gun. The LRH is basically the same as a DISC Elite, it has an extra action lug and the stock is ventilated - so if you can not find a LRH, you might consider a Elite or even an Extreme...

Might check these sites:
www.auctionarms.com
www.gunbroker.com
www.gunsamerica.com

Plus there are other retail sites that you might still be able to find one on.

Grouse45 09-06-2009 07:45 AM

I think you will like the Extreme/Elite better then the LRH. Unless you got big hands. The LRH stock is to bold/fat in my opinion only.

mountaineer magic 09-06-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Grouse45 (Post 3431713)
I think you will like the Extreme/Elite better then the LRH. Unless you got big hands. The LRH stock is to bold/fat in my opinion only.

Oh Gee . I can't believe I'm agreeing with Grouse on something. What's the world coming to:happy0157: I prefer my Disc extreme with thumbhole stock over my LRH for carrying in the field.

CarbonCop 09-06-2009 05:39 PM

Thank you all! Although the size/weight are not that big of an issue to me (I've held the gun before), I will check out the Elite & Extreme as well. If anyone actually sees the Knight LRH in stock somewhere, please pass along the location to me.

klundin2000 09-06-2009 05:51 PM

I picked up a Knight LRH about a month ago for $299.99. The store where I bought it from had bought up the inventory from Knight. According to the guy, they sold over 100 LRH's. There were about 10 left when I bought mine about a month ago, but I came back a few days later and there was only 1 left. The store is Gregerson's (in Baldwin) Wisconsin. You could call and check if they have anymore. I think they have some Extreme's left.

Grouse45 09-06-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by chetmarks (Post 3431722)
Oh Gee . I can't believe I'm agreeing with Grouse on something. What's the world coming to:happy0157:

Some just learn faster then others.:poke: I just had to say it.:kiss:

HEAD0001 09-06-2009 07:29 PM

Up or down

I sold my Elite after I bought my LRH. My LRH shot better. Not much better. But better. The Elite carries better if you are a stalker. I am not a stalker. So accuracy is paramount to me.

The LRH is the most consitent I have ever shot or owned. And that includes over a half dozen TC's. Including Encores and Omega's. Tom.

vadeerkiller 09-07-2009 09:32 AM

I really wanted a LRH too, just couldn't swing it after all the other crap I bought this year.

SWIOWADEERHUNTER 09-07-2009 01:06 PM

I just got this gun and i agree it feels a bit bulky but i dont mind it. What bases is everyone using?