Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Traditions Pursuit LT >

Traditions Pursuit LT

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions Pursuit LT

Old 09-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Spike

Default Traditions Pursuit LT

Hey guys new to this forum and could use some advice. I am looking to purchase a ML and know nothing about them. I visited Cablelas and looked at alot of ML. I do not have several hundred dollars to spend on new gun. I saw the Pursuit LT with a scope in camo and a nickel finish for $259 which I think is a reasonable price plus I have some cabela points to use toward the purchase. My question is, is this a decent ML or a waste of money. Should I be looking at something else ? I handled the gun and if felt good. Any advice would be great. Thank you John
Old 09-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TimberWolves
Hey guys new to this forum and could use some advice. I am looking to purchase a ML and know nothing about them. I visited Cablelas and looked at alot of ML. I do not have several hundred dollars to spend on new gun. I saw the Pursuit LT with a scope in camo and a nickel finish for $259 which I think is a reasonable price plus I have some cabela points to use toward the purchase. My question is, is this a decent ML or a waste of money. Should I be looking at something else ? I handled the gun and if felt good. Any advice would be great. Thank you John

I had an early Pursuit LT. The trigger was terrible and the accuracy was fair. Personally I would check the Cabelas for any left over NEF Huntsman or Sidekicks. With the new MU breechplug that is available those rifles are excellent and will shoot any powder including the new BH209 which many rifles will not shoot. They also have excellent history of accuracy with both sabots and conicals. I would look at a CVA Accura also as it is much better rifle than the Pursuit LT. Obviously this is must my own personal opinion but that is what you get when you ask.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Banned

Heres a better deal.
http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=PR3100
http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=PR3100S

I've handled many of the traditions inlines and i can tell you, the nickel finish they use is the crappiest thing ive seen. You can see what looks like machining marks in the barrel along with a rough texture nickel coating. Heck, i'd take a CVA Wolf over the pursuit.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

i had one good shooter but trigger was horrible ..pic below of mine [i sold it] it felt good a bit barrel heavy ..there are better ML.out now [t/c triumph]

Old 09-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well first off thats way to much for that gun, second that gun has several built in problems.
You need to look around and find a good gun for a good price, I picked up a TC Omega Z5 for $150 a few tears a go on sale at walmart and a Triumph from a local dealer for 275 either of them is a good, reliable, high quality gun that will shoot with as good accuracy as any other muzzleloader on the market. Lee
Old 09-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Find a deal on a T/C or get a CVA. Traditions is the worst of the brands out there. I've owned two and never will again. Not only are their triggers terrible, but I had one that was downright dangerous (fired when you released the safety).

Traditions used to be substantially cheaper, but they have raised their prices (and not their quality) so that now you can usually get a much better brand for the same money.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Heres a better deal.
http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=PR3100
http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=PR3100S

I've handled many of the traditions inlines and i can tell you, the nickel finish they use is the crappiest thing ive seen. You can see what looks like machining marks in the barrel along with a rough texture nickel coating. Heck, i'd take a CVA Wolf over the pursuit.

As I suggested; the Accura is a very good choice. It has a Bergara barrel which is made in Spain but with the support of a well known American rifle barrel maker and the Bergara company makes centerfire barrels as well and the quality is super. I have an Optima Elite which has one of the Bergara barrels and it is a quality product. The Accura has a lot of satisfied people that have purchased and been happy with the result. Personally I like the elite better than my T/C Omega, I also prefer the NEF Huntsman over the Omega. Again my Personal Opinion.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I had a pursuit pro and loved it , great shooter . Thought i needed a Encore and sold my Traditions to a friend , I wish i had kept that gun as it was a real nail driver , Weighed 8# but that sure tamed the recoil . I have 3 friends that have the newer Pursuits and they also love them . Check out this deal !!

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/es...e=R74003450-02

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/es...e=R76103459-02

Last edited by UtahRob; 09-06-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Spike

I own 3 traditions, 2 pursuits LT and the new pursuit XLT II ETREME,I bought the two LTs at walmart for about 200 and they shoot awesome,they shoot just as good as my 400 dollar XLT ETREME. Everyone one has there own choice in ml and opinion mine on traditions is they have worked very well for me. My LT shoots better than my XLT
Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 563andy1983
I own 3 traditions, 2 pursuits LT and the new pursuit XLT II ETREME,I bought the two LTs at walmart for about 200 and they shoot awesome,they shoot just as good as my 400 dollar XLT ETREME. Everyone one has there own choice in ml and opinion mine on traditions is they have worked very well for me. My LT shoots better than my XLT
I do wish they still offered a steel receiver like they had on mine . It was HEAVY but built like a tank . They had one on close out last year for 199.00 on the traditions site , i should have bought it . The four pursuits i shot , the trigger where not bad at all .

Last edited by UtahRob; 09-08-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.