Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
tc pro hunter or triumph >

tc pro hunter or triumph

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

tc pro hunter or triumph

Old 08-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Spike

Default tc pro hunter or triumph

Wondering which gun to buy? Looking at the bone collector Triumph. Any sugestions?
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want strictly a Muzzleloader the Triumph is by far the better choice. A much better lock up, better trigger, more accurate and much better designed all around.

After shooting the Bone Collector i would just by the standard Triumph. The extra money For the Bone Collector is not justified in my opinion.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:07 AM
mountaineer magic

I have a Triumph. It is one of the best most accurate muzzleloaders I have. A great gun. Forget the Bone collector ,just get the regular Triumph and save the extra money .

Old 08-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

A couple weeks ago I held both the bone collector and the Triumph side by side. Hands down.... I purchased the Triumph. Even if that bone collector was the same price as the Triumph, I would have made the same choice. That hollow stock really did not feel good to me. It felt inferior in construction. Just my humble opinion.
DW
Old 08-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Spike

Find a place where you can handle and shoulder them all. I was surprised at which one I liked over the other, eye candy aside. I don't own any of them, but that does not stop me from fondling them and thinking what if...
Old 08-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are a few things you need to consider. If you want to have some cartridge barrels and only one gun is the only reason to consider an Encore of any kind if not then the Triumph is the best for a much lower price if you are recoil sensitive then you might have a reason to consider the Bone Collector. I have the Endeavor and even the most expensive Encore took a little tweaking while the Triumph shot with the better than average level of cartridge guns right out of the box. Lee
Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

whcih fits you better, in my case the Pro hunter w/thumbhole was just so good to hold. It didn't matter after I swung all the others up, this fit best. I'll include triumph, omega and various other manufacturers I wantd a TC and nothing else.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Spike

I have a Pro Hunter and it's an excellent gun. If I had to do it all over again I would probably have saved my self the money and bought a Triumph. I bought the Pro Hunter so I could change barrells and use it for a rifle if need be, well, I've had it for a year and the only barrell I have is the ML. Shoulder both and make your decision. You can't really go wrong, but the PH is going to cost you more.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flybub
I bought the Pro Hunter so I could change barrells and use it for a rifle if need be, well, I've had it for a year and the only barrell I have is the ML.
Dude, Don't be so impatant, it will come. LOL
Bought my 50 cal. Encore back in 2000. I finally bought my first add too barrel in a 22-250 this past spring.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
If you want strictly a Muzzleloader the Triumph is by far the better choice. A much better lock up, better trigger, more accurate and much better designed all around.

After shooting the Bone Collector i would just by the standard Triumph. The extra money For the Bone Collector is not justified in my opinion.
GROUSE 45 said it all ,i have to agree 100%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.