Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Range Report

Old 08-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Range Report

Made it out to the Cleburne County Range this morning and went to the bench rest 100yd put up 4 Target and took two guns. The Endeavor Encore and the Triumph shot two targets wit each gun.
The Triumph had the breach plug converted to us the Savage vent liner. It got hot about 10 o'clock.. I stayed for an other hour any way. Lee
Attached Thumbnails Range Report-endeavor-1.jpg   Range Report-endeavor-2.jpg   Range Report-triumph-1.jpg   Range Report-triumph-2.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

That first Triumph target is smoking!!! Nice job! What were you shooting again....BH and SSTs?--DrASUS
Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lee

So what is your impression of the vent liner conversion in the Triumph?

I ordered 8 Lehigh vent liners this morning - got a guy sending me some FPJ breech plugs to convert.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

lee,do you ever have a bad day shooting.how did your converted BP hold up...karl
Old 08-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Drasus
that's about normal for the Triumph I was trying 115 gr BH and the new SST with the soft red tip, it actually does a bit better wit the original SW250 and 120 gr BH.
Mike, it shoots about the same as a new breach plug does I went up to 140 gr BH with it after the first trial and it did not bother anything a bit it cleans about the same to. The only way you can tell its different is to take it out and look at it. I would like to get my fingers on one of the new Lehigh vent liners. Am waiting to see what you have to say about them. I think I have bought my last new breach plug, besides being a snap to put in they are hardened and should last even me [I do like some hefty loads]for a long time. I am beging to think you might be right about the BC not being to critical under 200yds I was shooting a 140 gr BH with the 200gr Lehigh to day [over 2400 fps] and they really smack the 250yd gong, holding under an inch group at 100 to. I am lineing up an other boar hunt and I am thinking about changing my sight in as they shoot a bit high and left with 140 gr. Lee
KB1,
Every body has some bad days I had one this year it was a hundred + in the shade and the sweat was running in my eyes and the gun just kept getting hotter no matter how long I waited. After I shot the targets were so bad I throw them in the trash and forgot I shot that day. Lee
Old 08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lee

Excellent!

Hang tight on the Lehigh thing for a bit - from what I see - I think you you would like the performance of the Lehigh domed liner vs the flat Savage... Give me a week or so...
Old 08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Darn nice shooting Lee. You do like your loads a little on the warm side.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

ok....what is the Lehigh vent conversion???---DrAsus
Old 08-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Man...that is some fine shootin'
Old 08-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

DR Asus
Lehigh is manufacturing a vent replacement for the Savage smokeless powder gun.
Sabot loader and I are taking our old breach plugs that have the touch hole flame cut to the point where they loose accuracy and machining them to take the vent liner so we can replace the vent liner for 5 dollars instead of buying a new BP; you have to see what I pay for an Endeavor BP to believe it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.