HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   First time shooting a Muzzle Loader (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/301263-first-time-shooting-muzzle-loader.html)

NJ/PAbwhunter 08-21-2009 12:29 PM

First time shooting a Muzzle Loader

I went to Cabelas last week in Hamburg PA and came home with a new TC Triumph with a 3X10 Powder Horn scope. Thanks to my Beautiful wife who got me this set up for My B~day next Month... Love ya baby.
Anyway...
Took it to the Range yesterday and Man Oh MAN! Do I dig this gun! I have always hunted deer in PA gun season with either a 33-30 or 30-06... and now in NJ I have been going out in the special season with a shotgun. But where I hunt in NJ with the shotgun, they are leaning more and more toward Black Powder... so I thought I would make the switch.
What a great shooting gun this is... I mean I read a lot about them all before deciding on the TC... that bone collector looks really cool on the TV commercials... but I did not like it in person, and the price tag was also too high in my humble opinion. Like I said I never owned a black powder gun before... but I really liked the Triumph better.
So anyway... I am shooting 250 grain shockwaves and they are shooting great.... I am psyched up for that season to roll around in Late November.
DW

BigDaddy12t 08-21-2009 12:55 PM

Congrats on the new gun!

Semisane 08-21-2009 01:23 PM

Uh-Oh! Another front stuffer infection. Welcome to the club. What powder/load are you using under those Shockwaves?

(Warning: By the end of the deer season you'll begin to wonder if you should try a sidelock just for the fun of it. The answer is - yes, you should.)

lemoyne 08-21-2009 01:34 PM

Welcome to the group. Lee

SWThomas 08-21-2009 02:14 PM

Welcome to the awesome community of muzzleloaders!!! Great choice on getting the Triumph!

dman4505 08-21-2009 02:15 PM

welcome to the insane asylum, that's a great gun you have, enjoy. play with it some, try different loads and see what she'll do.

Don

schlitz540 08-21-2009 05:09 PM

These front stuffers sure are addicting. Congrats on the new gun. I have been driving my wife nuts since I started muzzleloading a year ago. I just picked up a Knight Long Range Hunter myself, but my wife says its a Christmas gift, so I can't open it til Christmas. Good thing I got the Omega in the safe! The best part of this sport is all the experimenting that one can do. You are pretty much only bound by your willingness to tinker.

cayugad 08-21-2009 05:13 PM

congratulations on a great set up. I am sure you will give the deer a real bad day with that rifle. You will also find a real satisfaction using a muzzleloader. Good luck this season.

Old/New 08-22-2009 05:14 AM

Good luck with the Triump and your trip into muzzleloading!

dphobby 08-22-2009 05:49 AM

Congrats on the new addiction :barmy::barmy:

I predict by this time next year you will be adding to your collection