Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
First time shooting a Muzzle Loader >

First time shooting a Muzzle Loader

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First time shooting a Muzzle Loader

Old 08-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default First time shooting a Muzzle Loader

I went to Cabelas last week in Hamburg PA and came home with a new TC Triumph with a 3X10 Powder Horn scope. Thanks to my Beautiful wife who got me this set up for My B~day next Month... Love ya baby.
Anyway...
Took it to the Range yesterday and Man Oh MAN! Do I dig this gun! I have always hunted deer in PA gun season with either a 33-30 or 30-06... and now in NJ I have been going out in the special season with a shotgun. But where I hunt in NJ with the shotgun, they are leaning more and more toward Black Powder... so I thought I would make the switch.
What a great shooting gun this is... I mean I read a lot about them all before deciding on the TC... that bone collector looks really cool on the TV commercials... but I did not like it in person, and the price tag was also too high in my humble opinion. Like I said I never owned a black powder gun before... but I really liked the Triumph better.
So anyway... I am shooting 250 grain shockwaves and they are shooting great.... I am psyched up for that season to roll around in Late November.
DW
Old 08-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the new gun!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Uh-Oh! Another front stuffer infection. Welcome to the club. What powder/load are you using under those Shockwaves?

(Warning: By the end of the deer season you'll begin to wonder if you should try a sidelock just for the fun of it. The answer is - yes, you should.)

Old 08-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the group. Lee
Old 08-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the awesome community of muzzleloaders!!! Great choice on getting the Triumph!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

welcome to the insane asylum, that's a great gun you have, enjoy. play with it some, try different loads and see what she'll do.

Don
Old 08-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Spike

These front stuffers sure are addicting. Congrats on the new gun. I have been driving my wife nuts since I started muzzleloading a year ago. I just picked up a Knight Long Range Hunter myself, but my wife says its a Christmas gift, so I can't open it til Christmas. Good thing I got the Omega in the safe! The best part of this sport is all the experimenting that one can do. You are pretty much only bound by your willingness to tinker.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Dominant Buck

congratulations on a great set up. I am sure you will give the deer a real bad day with that rifle. You will also find a real satisfaction using a muzzleloader. Good luck this season.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck with the Triump and your trip into muzzleloading!
Old 08-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the new addiction

I predict by this time next year you will be adding to your collection

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.