Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Traditions Pursuit LT >

Traditions Pursuit LT

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions Pursuit LT

Old 08-07-2009, 06:13 AM

Default Traditions Pursuit LT

I'd like some information from anyone who either owns a Pursuit LT or any Traditions muzzleloader. I've found what I believe is a very good price on a Traditions Pursuit LT, camo stock, nickel barrel with the new accelerator plug. It breaks open like the T/C Triumph but I believe the breechplug comes out a whole lot easier than the Triumph as both work differently than the other. It is also way under half the price of a Triumph so I'm concerned about reliability, workmanship and accuracy.

Thanks to all who responds,

GZ
Old 08-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some people get hung up on the fact that Traditions has their barrels made in Spain, but I don't think it's an issue at all. There are quite a few people on this site that own the Remington Genesis ML and several Traditions ML's and I never hear any complaining about them. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to get the Pursuit LT if that's what you want.

FYI, I'm not sure what you mean about the Triumphs breech plug being hard to remove than the Pursuits. As I understand it, the Accelerator takes 3 turns to remove and the Speed Breech take a 1/4 turn...
Old 08-07-2009, 07:03 AM

Thanks SWThomas.

Maybe the breechplug on the Triumph I was handling had a problem. It did only take about a quarter inch turn but it had to be lined up and the rubber o-rings seemed to hold it in place a little tight. Then you had to line it up again and push it in to seat it. It was a little hard to turn once seated and the barrel will not close until it is turned enough. The Pursuit that I was handling seemed easier as all you did was just unscrew it and screw it back in with no effort at all.

GZ
Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by graveyard zombie
Thanks SWThomas.

Maybe the breechplug on the Triumph I was handling had a problem. It did only take about a quarter inch turn but it had to be lined up and the rubber o-rings seemed to hold it in place a little tight. Then you had to line it up again and push it in to seat it. It was a little hard to turn once seated and the barrel will not close until it is turned enough. The Pursuit that I was handling seemed easier as all you did was just unscrew it and screw it back in with no effort at all.

GZ
I know what you mean. Some of them can be a little sticky.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

You wrote... "I'm concerned about reliability, workmanship and accuracy."than don't get the PURSUIT LT ....sorry for the negative input but you asked ...
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned two Traditions guns. Both were accurate but their quality stinks. They are cheaply priced for a reason.

I don't care that they have Spanish barrels. It's the poor tolerances, shoddy workmanship, and one one the DANGEROUS trigger that made me swear them off.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:35 PM

No need to apologize Heinz57. Honesty is what I'm after. I don't have the luxury to own more than one inline muzzleloader so whatever I buy will be with me for some time. Like most, I'm looking for a good deal but if it turns out to be worth putting in extra bucks then that is what I will do.

Thanks again,

GZ
Old 08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 of my hunting buddies have Traditions (not the Pursuit, though). I've handled & shot them and my impressions are that they are not "high quality" muzzleloaders in terms of fit & finish. You pick one up, and you can immediately tell that this is a cheaper rifle. Also, trigger pull was pretty bad.

However, neither of them have ever had any problems with their rifles, and they've taken many dozens of deer. Both rifles are very accurate and not picky about bullets/loads. So I would classify them as good "workhorse" rifles, but not necessarily pretty or of high quality or worksmanship.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Spike

I've not handled a Traditions rifle, however if you were looking for something of a deal, I have had very good luck with the CVA Kodiak Pro. The one I have is a 45, but the 50's are much more available. The Kodiak I have has been as good as my TC Omega in the accuracy department, and has a much better stock than the TC. Granted, the Tc is the Z5 model, but I would expect something better than the Omega stock. I think Cabelas has them for about $200 or so. Just an option.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pursuit LT

I had an early Pursuit LT and the rifle was sort of OK but the trigger was terrible. I understand that they have improved the trigger but it is a real difficult one to work on. I would check any rifle I bought in that line for trigger pull and smoothness before buying it. A CVA Accura is a much better rifle and worth the addtional money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.