HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Knight Vision (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/299605-knight-vision.html)

n.florida hunter 08-03-2009 11:48 PM

Knight Vision

I bought a new knight vision all m.o. breakup pattern 50 cal for $200 dollars from a dealer going out of buisness. I have never shot one of these and was wondering if I made a good choice in buying this rifle?

timbercruiser 08-04-2009 05:25 AM

I just bought one from Sportsman's Guide with scope/mounts for about $260. Scope isn't much, but I like the rifle and a better quality scope is going to be a must.. The barrel end seems to be heavier than my grandson's Tradition that was the same price. Easy to clean.

cayugad 08-04-2009 05:29 AM

Kind of late to worry whether you made a good choice. But yes, you did.

A Knight Vision is a Knight rifle. That alone tells a lot about the rifle. They are known for their Green Mountain Barrels, Timney triggers, and guaranteed accuracy (when they were in business). I have read a few posts about the exact rifle you own and they have been favorable. The main thing is get some primers and make sure it shoots them off. If it fires the primers and the trigger is good, that's about all you need worry about. After that its working up a load. It should give you many years of excellent service.

Grouse45 08-04-2009 07:10 AM

You made an excellant choice in a Muzzleloader. To keep it simple a slight step down from a Triumph, but a step up over an Encore. There has been a couple problems with primers not firing. Actually one was mine and Sabotloader can be more specific. Knight rifles is still operating and can fix the problem if you have it. I would bet since you bought it from a dealer you wont have this problem. I think it was only the Sportsman guide models.

n.florida hunter 08-04-2009 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 3399380)
Kind of late to worry whether you made a good choice. But yes, you did.

A Knight Vision is a Knight rifle. That alone tells a lot about the rifle. They are known for their Green Mountain Barrels, Timney triggers, and guaranteed accuracy (when they were in business). I have read a few posts about the exact rifle you own and they have been favorable. The main thing is get some primers and make sure it shoots them off. If it fires the primers and the trigger is good, that's about all you need worry about. After that its working up a load. It should give you many years of excellent service.

True it is a little late. I was basically wondering about the rifle in general. I have been shooting a t.c. black diamond for about 6 or 7 years and really like the way it shoots. I really like the weight on the front end of the knight. The forend is a little more narrow than I like but I can adjust to that. THanks for the imput guys.

sabotloader 08-04-2009 06:17 PM

n.florida hunter

The Vision is really a decent ML for the price. I really did not think I would like one that much until Grouse sent one of his out west for me shorten the LOP. The gun us not a crackerbox prize with cheap plastic stock. It is hefty real steel with a green mountain barrel and a good stock.

This was my first outing with a Vision... Shooting a couple of different bullets and sabots...

n.florida hunter 08-04-2009 06:23 PM

The t.c. I have been shooting won't touch that grouping at all. Thank you for showing me that

rafsob 08-08-2009 06:55 AM

What attracted me to the Knight Vision was the price. Sportsman Guide had them for as low as $179 for members. Now that sounded like a great price, but what about the gun? I did my home work and listened to the guys that had them. They were right.

I also went a little crazy on the scope, but ya know what they say about not taking it with ya!!! I got a Leupold Ultimate Slam and love it.

I ended up shooting different bullets, but went with the BH209 powder. I settled on the Hornaday FPB bullet and 100 grs of BH209. I was shooting a three shot group with three bullets touching at 50 yds. It also shot the Hornaday GP bullets and the SST 300 gr bullets nicely.

I will be shooting it at the 100 yd range as soon as they finish doing some maintenance on it. Will let ya know how it did. Will take a few photos.