Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Extreme and B209 >

Knight Extreme and B209

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Extreme and B209

Old 07-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Spike

Default Knight Extreme and B209

I have read where the concave breech plug works best with B209. My concave BP has the FPJ. Just read a thread on another sight where it was recommended that B209 shoots best with the NFPJ plug. But this plug has a convex, (dome), end. Is there a breech plug from Knight that is a NFPJ AND had a concave end??
My Knight Exteme is new in box and came with the 2 breech plugs mentioned above. I have not fired a round through it yet. Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Skopia
I have read where the concave breech plug works best with B209. My concave BP has the FPJ. Just read a thread on another sight where it was recommended that B209 shoots best with the NFPJ plug. But this plug has a convex, (dome), end. Is there a breech plug from Knight that is a NFPJ AND had a concave end??
My Knight Exteme is new in box and came with the 2 breech plugs mentioned above. I have not fired a round through it yet. Thanks for any advice.

I have the Disc Elite with the same type bolt/plugs. The NFPJ with the convex works just fine with BH209 and Winchester, Remington STS, CCI Magnum, and Federal 209A primers. So far I like the Winchester's best cause they are the longest=tightest fit AND eject better than most others Do NOT use the muzzleloading 209 primers (Triple Se7en, Remingtom Kleanbore, Federal Fusion, CCI MZL).

The standard plug with red jackets will give you alot of blow back....but it WILL work also, with a loss of pressure and speed compared to the NFPJ.

Your milage may varry :-)

Last edited by LaneNebraska; 07-26-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Skopia

I shoot two Extremes both with the FPJ and concave BP. They work excellent for me. If you use the plastic jacket to many times though you will get more blow black leakage the more times they are used.

I have not tried the NFPJ with a concave face. I actually thought it did have a tighter flash hole and was also a problem with BH. But I know other are using it also.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Spike

Thanks men. Guess all I can do is try and see
Sabotloader, I thought that I had read that the flash hole was a little smaller on the NFPJ plug and some guys were drilling them out. Don't want to go that route though.
Hopeing that Grouse will come up with a fool proof BP for these Knights.
I have to assume that either plug works great with T7? Blowback is the issue though.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Skopia

plug and some guys were drilling them out. Don't want to go that route though.
My line of thought also... it was designed to reduce blowback so the hole was reduced. But I have found other options that were not suppose to work - do... But then you wonder about reliability in all weather conditions...

Hopeing that Grouse will come up with a fool proof BP for these Knights.
It is in the works...

I have to assume that either plug works great with T7? Blowback is the issue though.
Correct...
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Spike

If you are shooting T7 with the NFPJ breech plug which, if I understand correct, has a smaller flash hole, do you still use ML primers or do you go with the shotshell primers?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Skopia

I am a T7 shooter - probably will be for a long time. Black Gold is to expensive for me.

I do use a Remington 209-4 (410 shotgun primer) or a winchester T7 primer when shooting T7 with either breech plug.