Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The Endeavor

Old 07-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default The Endeavor

Well I got to feeling brave this afternoon, I took the endeavor all apart honed 3 pieces in the right spots switched in a Bellm trigger sear spring, put it back together and changed a 7# trigger pull to 2.5 #.And yes I did do the safety checks and it pass. This is going to make shooting a lot more enjoyable. If I had know it was only going to take a half hour I would have done it sooner.

Just out of curiosity what trigger pull do you all prefer? Lee
Old 07-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lee

Dang! you a handy guy.... wish you lived closer - i got some stuff you could fix also...

Sides ur suppose to be taking care of the better half are you not....

personally for i hunting i really do like 3# - I think
Old 07-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I like 3lbs for hunting in cold weather. Congratulations on your trigger. I took mine to the gunsmith and he charged me $20.00 bucks for that same thing.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Banned

With my sidelocks, Around to 2 to 2 1/2lbs is normal after i turn the screw in on the tumbler. My Accura came with 2lb from the factory so i couldn't complain about that one.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I favor a light trigger for hunting. Two and a half pounds is about right for me - two pounds is better. But I seldom have to wear gloves while hunting and if I do they are very thin ones.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mike ,I wish you and me and a few others lived close enough to get together too. For a lot of reasons, the gun work is some thing I learned from an old German gunsmith who work in my shop, I was his helper for about 7 years, it was very interesting.
I have a little arthritis in my fingers and shoulders now so I was not sure how it would go but it only slowed me down in a couple of spots. Lee
Old 07-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the stock trigger pull on the Endeavor enough to leave it alone. I haven't measured it but it seems fine to me. I have taken game with it wearing gloves and bare-handed and haven't experienced any issues or situations where I wished it was lighter. IMO good marksmanship skills will overcome a heavier trigger pull.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

I was lucky my Encore came with less than a 3 lb trigger that is what I like a 3 lb.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most Encore Endeavors trigger pulls run between 4# and 7# according to one of the Techs their when I call to tell them what I thought of a 7# trigger pull on an $800 gun. My experience in the gun and archery shop I owned half of tells me that very few people like a trigger pull of over 4.5 pounds. Of course there are exceptions to every thing when it comes to what people like. Lee
Old 07-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Did the same to my PH trigger. Hone & spring. 2.2# pull on average after 10 pulls on a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge. I like the trigger a lot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.