Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Hunting w/ loose powder >

Hunting w/ loose powder

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hunting w/ loose powder

Old 07-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Banned

Default RE: Hunting w/ loose powder

I think i have well over 80 of them now. They have so many uses. I store #11 caps, 209 primers, my inserts for powerbelts, Hell i even put some tru oil in one and screwed the cap on and sent it to forum member corey so he could add a couple coats to the barrel i had browned for him. They dont leak!

Heres some pictures to compare. I HATE these TC speedloaders as you have to load the powder on the nose of the bullet. Every time i push a bullet down, the face of the bullet would be coated with powder. That does not help with consistency.

Thinner neck makes for easier pouring down the bore. Plus they wont pop open like the other speedloader does. Nothing worse than that happening and wasting good expensive powder.

When i go hunting i just load of 3 of Lanes powder tubes and then fill up the another to carry my bullets. I like using the small tubes as i shoot lower powder charges and they leave me with more room in my possibles bag.

You'll love them when you get yours. I also believe he has green caps as well, Along with Red and White.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are nice looking tubes/
Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find it quite handy to slip 3 bullets with sabots on the into one of Lanes tubes, with the load in the gun thats 4 shots; I do not want to clean that many deer bear or hogs in one day anyhow. Lee
Old 07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Spike

You all have been a great help. Thanks a bunch (especially with the pics)!!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use these...

They're RedHead and sold at Bass Pro. $6 for 3 of them. They're exactly the right size to squeeze 120g BH209, a Barnes T-EZ/sabot, and a primer. It fits perfect and doesn't rattle at all. Then I just open the powder end, pour in the powder, and the sabot lands right in the QLA. Then I catch the primer in my hand.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

SWThomas

titleAndStar(1500,0,false,false,"","")
I use to use that type all the time and they work fine too. I prefer the vials like Lane sells. Proof is that the old speed loaders never get used any more. To each their own, That's what makes this sport great.
Art
Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: flounder33

SWThomas

titleAndStar(1500,0,false,false,"","")
I use to use that type all the time and they work fine too. I prefer the vials like Lane sells. Proof is that the old speed loaders never get used any more. To each their own, That's what makes this sport great.
Art
What the heck is that at the beginning of your post?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. Lanes tubes are pretty cool. I just like to be able to carry everything in one tube. Makes it a whole lot easier to reload if I need to.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

"What the heck is that at the beginning of your post?"

That is a dratted computer gremlin raising his ugly head.
Art
Old 07-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

SWThomas

gotta agree with you while hunting I really do prefer the 4 in 1 loader so that everything is available quickly.

Although i do use the tubes when I load by scale and I am going to the range...

Quick Reply: Hunting w/ loose powder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.