Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

loads and sabots

Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: loads and sabots

I have been shootin the 240 hp/xtp for several yrs. When I find something that works, I'm done.

I've always bought my bullets and sabots bulk. Just savin some cash. After 200+ loads I found myself out of ammo again. Recently found what I considered a good deal.

200 rds. for 45 bucks, TMD. If things hold close to the same, this is a close 10yr. supply for me. I might add, I had an extremly hard time finding these in bulk.

I too have also had difficulty loading these, even after all the loads thru it. Well, it is so accurate I was not going to change a thing, until now.

Technology since my last purchase had me lookin at the different sabots. After careful consideration, I decided to go with the green Harvester Crushed Ribbed sabot over the MMP E-Z. Thinking either one would make loading easier, it was the 3+ dollar difference per 50 ct. pkg. that was my decison maker.

This puts me around 80 bucks for 200 complete rds. saving 50+ bucks over the 20 ct. pkg. Plus, I now have a custom load.

I'm not cheep, just thrifty. LOL
Old 07-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Spike

Default RE: loads and sabots

gunrac

Are the harvester crush ribs easier to load? What were the results?

BTW, I ordered the JB Bore Paste so we'll see what happens.

Thanks