Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 powerbelts? and new gun >

powerbelts? and new gun

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

powerbelts? and new gun

Old 06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default powerbelts? and new gun

Picked up a cva wolf today. It was a kit with a bunch of stuff I already have but it was on sale. It came with some powerbelts. They are copper with a green belt and hollow point. There is no info in the packaging saying what grain they are. Nothing on their website either. Anyone know what grain these are? I patterned 4 different bullets today. 250 gr sst's, 240 xtp's, 200 shockwaves and the powerbelts all with 100 grains of pyrodex pellets. The powerbelts were the hands down winner in accuracy. Only shot 50 yards today but my last group with powerbelts was 3 bullets, one hole. It was a big hole but thats pretty sweet for the first time shooting the gun.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: powerbelts? and new gun

Its hard to guess what weight they are. Are they all lead hollow points?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Its hard to guess what weight they are. Are they all lead hollow points?
yeah. I'll call cva tomorrow. I found the right bullet and I don't know what it is.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Well if I had to guess ... 295 grain all lead hollow point. Its a shame you did not weigh one. It might mention their weight somewhere on the package if you still have it.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd bet they are the 245gr Powerbelts. That is good shooting with the Powerbelts. I will say they shot pretty good out of my Wolf also. If you get a chance, pick up some Barnes Expander MZ's in 300gr and black Harvestor Crushed rib sabots, and 2 Pyrodex pellets. I shot 4 bullets in a inch at 100 yards through my Wolf.

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

Picked up a cva wolf today. It was a kit with a bunch of stuff I already have but it was on sale. It came with some powerbelts. They are copper with a green belt and hollow point. There is no info in the packaging saying what grain they are. Nothing on their website either. Anyone know what grain these are? I patterned 4 different bullets today. 250 gr sst's, 240 xtp's, 200 shockwaves and the powerbelts all with 100 grains of pyrodex pellets. The powerbelts were the hands down winner in accuracy. Only shot 50 yards today but my last group with powerbelts was 3 bullets, one hole. It was a big hole but thats pretty sweet for the first time shooting the gun.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: sjsfire

I'd bet they are the 245gr Powerbelts. That is good shooting with the Powerbelts. I will say they shot pretty good out of my Wolf also. If you get a chance, pick up some Barnes Expander MZ's in 300gr and black Harvestor Crushed rib sabots, and 2 Pyrodex pellets. I shot 4 bullets in a inch at 100 yards through my Wolf.

thanks I'll give them a try.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Well if I had to guess ... 295 grain all lead hollow point. Its a shame you did not weigh one. It might mention their weight somewhere on the package if you still have it.
They were loose in the box the gun came in. Seems odd.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Banned

they usually put the 245's in with the "kits"
Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are supposedly a very accurate bullet but based on what I have read and seen, I wouldn't trust them when hunting.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

100gr powder is getting on the hot side for them. Certainly don't go higher. I've never tried them but I've heard they do well around 80gr of powder but start blowing up at higher charges.

Quick Reply: powerbelts? and new gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.